• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wild Tanganyika cichlids .

Leffler817

CCA Members
Regarding the julidochromis mamalesa, is mamalesa the collection point or is that a new(or renamed) species? My google search didn't turn up anything good.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
Regarding the julidochromis mamalesa, is mamalesa the collection point or is that a new(or renamed) species? My google search didn't turn up anything good.
Hey Shawn theres a locality of Julidochromis Marlieri at Malesa Island. For some reason its also called Mamalesa Island and even Malasa. Theres a beautiful Tropheus Moorii Malasa which comes from Mamalesa Island. I think its the same place

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
Another name is Yellow Rainbow. Thanks Brett to remind.
No problem. The Yellow Rainbows are beautiful. I was looking up locality info on the Tropheus Polli and found out they come from Bulu Point area, at least thats the limited info that I was able to dig up. They seem to be rarer

Leffler817

CCA Members
Thanks Brett and Vinh. I was thinking it was a collection point. I've kept Marleri before. They're a cool fish.

Vinh huuvinh88 huuvinh88 Ever see any Helianthus?

huuvinh88

CCA Members
Thanks Brett and Vinh. I was thinking it was a collection point. I've kept Marleri before. They're a cool fish.

Vinh huuvinh88 huuvinh88 Ever see any Helianthus?
Yes, I did. But the Neo is slowly sale . I didn’t import them.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
This photo was taken by Ad Konings at Malesa Island :eek: That blue on his check is amazing
frame_picture_species.php