• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What did you get at BFD?

mchambers

Former CCA member
There were seeming hundreds of group buys, four vendors all three days, a rare fish auction, and forty tables of vendors on Sunday. So, what did you get?

I'll start:
Tangled up in Cichlids - group of Bujurquina vittata (South American cichlid that is a delayed mouthbrooder)
Batfish - Celestial Pearl Danios, otocinclus, Microgeophagus altispinosa, and Cobalt pellets
Your Fish Stuff - the new Seafood Crumble, Decap BBS, and Golden Pearls

At the marketplace, I picked up some Aqua-Pharm micro pellets, a couple of air pumps, some cool plants, including Bucephalandra, and a mattenfilter setup for a 20L from MarkK MarkK .

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There was a so much good stuff this weekend! I only wish I had more space for fish. I ended up getting:

From Jeff Rapps - a pair of Lake Catemaco fenestratus (I regretted selling the pair I had before and wanted to keep them again), a L-037 and a L. heterodon.

From Batfish - chaetostoma, mollies (for dithers), and a w/c Oscar. I haven't kept an Oscar in 25 years, so I got one!

From Dave - a. maylandi

And a late Christmas present from Tony through the auction - synodontis decorus.

I also picked up a bunch of food from YFS and a 40 Long from Chris Pine.

jstlstn

Members
Got some great deals:
Batfish super sponsor (IMO) hooked me up with 3 Apistogramma pandure, 10 Beckfords pencil fish (planning on getting more), 1 anubis bartering, and 3 ludwigia ovalis plants.

One Protomelas sp. Steveni Taiwan twain reef (was on my bucket list)

From Dave Rare Aquarium Fish, Aquaticlarity provide a pair of apistogramma Borelli pantanel doing fine in my score of the weekend Jens prize winning tank. Plenty of food from YSF or course another great sponsor.

olzkool

Members
Here are my notes copied and pasted from my phone. As John Wick would say....
"I'm thinking I'm back"

Oh, and do not under any circumstances text this to my wife lol.

Fish from bfd

Trades and buys

Walter
16 juvie calvus black Congo white pearl
10 Julie maleri fry
Xenotilapia

Jon
Ethylwynne
Azureus

Craig
Electric blue
Sulphur head hap
German red x2
Eureka Jake
Lemon Jake
Maylandi
Taiwan reef
Sunshine

Mike
5 petricola

Thai
10 frontosa kitumba 1"

Josh
6 blue eyed bristle babies
Royal 191
Big green phantom

Mark
4 neolamp leulupi
4 Congo Julie

Jeff
gold nugget

Auction

3 neolamp mustax
4 neolamp burscheri

olzkool

Members
[And a late Christmas present from Tony through the auction - synodontis decorus.

I also picked up a bunch of food from YFS and a 40 Long from Chris Pine.[/QUOTE]

Lol I wanted that damn Decorus. Glad you got it.

I got some great fish from the BFD, but almost all came indirectly.

Folks trying to switch up their inventory prior to the BFD, led to my obtaining 6 adult discus!

I also got a batch of 12x Rummy Nose Tetras from Batfish Aquatic's incredible pre-order list, once out of quarantine they will make a great addition to my planted show tank.

Then Don hooked me up with a pair of his apistogramma trifaciatas! Very excited to start breeding these guys.

Finally, Gabriel completely surprised me at Sunday's Market Place, by hooking me up with a bag full of 12 young plecos, though i'm not entirely sure what species they are. (Gabriel, if you are reading this could you kindly inform me?)

Thanks all for making the BFD possible. I know I'm relatively new to the club, but it was great to meet lots of new faces and to participate in both the Aquarium the Beautiful Competition as well as the Market Place events!

jstlstn

Members
Its bad when you forget you learned from last year and headed straight for Pats table to get 1 redtop, 1 lwanda, one super red empress and one oh o forget but I needed one from each of his tanks.

olzkool

Members
Yeah I was setting up my crap at the table and didn't realize the time. Next thing I knew there were people speed walking passed me like the fire alarm went off. At that point I knew it was too late lol.

CichlidDan

Members
Its bad when you forget you learned from last year and headed straight for Pats table to get 1 redtop, 1 lwanda, one super red empress and one oh o forget but I needed one from each of his tanks.
Haha I learned from last year I went straight to Pats table, missed out on a lemon jake but picked up an albino eureka and red cap lethrinop which I've been looking to get for over a yr.

CichlidDan

Members
Thanks to Lane, Pat and Troy for some awesome fish and poster.
From Lane:
I picked up hertae fish and hertae poster

From Pat:
Red cap lethrinops
Albino eureka

From Troy:
5 paracyprichromis blue neon

jstlstn

Members
Haha I learned from last year I went straight to Pats table, missed out on a lemon jake but picked up an albino eureka and red cap lethrinop which I've been looking to get for over a yr.
That's the one I was missing lemon jake, thanks there where only a few.

FishEggs

From Jeff Rapps i got:
L095 orange cheek pinecone pleco
L128 Blue phantom pleco

From Josh i got:
12x green neons, rummy nose tetras, cardinal tetras, ruby tetras
1x bucephelandra

From Don Kinyon i got:
12x corydoras sterbai
1 pair of apistograma trifasciatus

From Lane Kelly i got:
1m 2f Placidochromis sp. Jalo

But most importantly i got some new great friends and an awesome weekend with so many other great folk.

finzz

Members
But most importantly i got some new great friends and an awesome weekend with so many other great folk.

Exactly! This is a great bunch of people. Great auction, too.

Big group of adult Corydoras virginiae from Walter
Apistogramma "tefe" and Cory pygmaeus from Aquatic Clarity
Coral Red pencils from auction (Josh?)
Nanacara taeniata from auction (Aquatic Clarity?)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Exactly! This is a great bunch of people. Great auction, too.

Big group of adult Corydoras virginiae from Walter
Apistogramma "tefe" and Cory pygmaeus from Aquatic Clarity
Coral Red pencils from auction (Josh?)
Nanacara taeniata from auction (Aquatic Clarity?)
The pencil fish were from Josh. The nanacara were donated by Jeff Rapps.

Becca

Members
It'seems such a blur...
From Aquatic Clarity - Sicydium gobies

From Batfish - Madagascar rainbows, Nemadorus elongatus, Amano shrimp, Tiger loaches, and Hyphessobrycon coeruleus (via the auction).

dogofwar

CCA Members
Some Gymnogeophagus from The Wet Spot
Some swordtails, silver tip tetras, Native killifish (!) and wild green terrors from Batfish
A pair of Tilapia sp. "Mamfe" (donated by NECA) and 10 Paretroplus kieneri (Madgascars donated by Dave Schumacher) in the auction
Some chanchitos from Sam Phelan...
Some wild Geo brasiliensis from Jeff Rapps

And the satisfaction of being part of an awesome club that can pull off the biggest, most welcoming, most affordable, most fun fish event in the country. Yes we did. And I've even got the t-shirt...

Matt

lkelly

Members
Some Gymnogeophagus from The Wet Spot
Some swordtails, silver tip tetras, Native killifish (!) and wild green terrors from Batfish
A pair of Tilapia sp. "Mamfe" (donated by NECA) and 10 Paretroplus kieneri (Madgascars donated by Dave Schumacher) in the auction
Some chanchitos from Sam Phelan...
Some wild Geo brasiliensis from Jeff Rapps

And the satisfaction of being part of an awesome club that can pull off the biggest, most welcoming, most affordable, most fun fish event in the country. Yes we did. And I've even got the t-shirt...

Matt

Which gymnos did you get?