• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wet Spot Group Buy Details

How awful is Becca at running group buys?

• Not awful at all, I wish she'd volunteer to run them all.

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • Not the worst, but I've seen better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Absolutely horrible. She's so awful that I'm going to volunteer to run next year's group buy!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Becca

Members
The Wet Spot group buy will open on Friday 3/4 and close at 8pm on Sunday, 3/6.

The group buy is open to all registered attendees of the Big Fish Deal 5. Please be sure to register BEFORE you place your order, and ideally before 3/4.

To participate in this group buy you must have a PayPal account.

Wet Spot insisted on a single payer and single order. To facilitate this, a PayPal account and email address have been set up.

To place an order, send an email to CCAGroupBuys@gmail.com. In your email, list the following:
  1. Your name
  2. Name of items you are ordering, as they appear on the list, along with:
    1. Price per item
    2. Quantity of item
  3. Total payment you will be sending via paypal.
Then, send the money via the "Send money to friends or family" option with a note to CCAGroupBuys@gmail.com. The note with the payment must include the following:
  1. Your name
  2. Name of items you are ordering, as they appear on the list, along with:
    1. Price per item
    2. Quantity of item
  3. Total payment you will be sending via paypal.

This should match exactly the email you will have also sent to the gmail account. In fact, you can just copy and paste.

I will double check your math and let you know if there are any issues with the order or if Wet Spot replies that something is out-of-stock.

Orders will be available for pick-up at the Hilton on Friday. I will update with precise timing, but I am likely to arrive with them at around 4pm. If anyone wants to volunteer to help me distribute orders, that would be fantastic, since I need to get back home by 6 to feed the baby.

Some notes:
  • This order opens 3/4 because that's when Wet Spot updates their list. Using an old list for the orders increases complications from items being out-of-stock. It closes on 3/6 because they want it placed on Monday morning.
  • If you don't have PayPal account, it is easy and free to sign up for one. Due to the short turn around time on this order, it is not possible for me to collect checks. As a rule, I won't respond to complaints about the use of PayPal or order timeline.
  • If I've left out some important detail, please let me know sooner rather than later.
Oh yes, the link!
http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/

FishEggs

I'll be around helping set stuff up so I can probably help with it.
Any fish not picked up by 8 i'm keeping. :p the first speaker starts at 8 which I'll be attending.

One last question i swear lol. Im only coming down on sat and sun because of my work sched. Is it possiable to pick up my fish on sat?

Becca

Members
One last question i swear lol. Im only coming down on sat and sun because of my work sched. Is it possiable to pick up my fish on sat?

You would have to find someone to hold them for you. I can't hold fish. These fish will need out of their bags on Friday night and, once they're out of their bags, the live arrival guarantee is over.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yup - best to have a buddy retrieve and handle them for you on Friday...

You would have to find someone to hold them for you. I can't hold fish. These fish will need out of their bags on Friday night and, once they're out of their bags, the live arrival guarantee is over.