• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Weird Rusty behavior

stany

CCA Members
In my all male tank I have a Rusty that is behaving weird. A couple months ago he looked like he had a parasite problem. Labored swimming, almost vertacle most of the time gasping for air, but could dive for food at feeding time. I treated the tank with Paraguard for a couple weeks and he returned to normal. Today I observed him visiting the favorite hiding rock of my Mbenji, three times his size, and would wiggle vertically in front of the opening of the rock until the Mbenji came out and nipped at his side a couple of times. Then he swam off chasing a new addition then return to the Mbenji for another round of getting nipped at. He doesn't seem to be laboring at all chasing one of the new additions and I don't see any evidence of damage from this or presence of a parasite. I've never heard of cichlids providing "cleaning" service or having a death wish and teasing another to attack.Do cichlids get mental illness? I should make a video of this next time I see it.