• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WANTED - Myaka Myaka cichlids

Gehandylan

CCA Members
Hi folks,

I am new to the forum. Looking for a group of Myaka Myaka cichlids from Lake Barombi Mbo to complement my group of Pindus. Please message or text me on 6478363690.

Thanks - Gehan

dogofwar

CCA Members
Only source of which I'm aware is Jeff Michael in Wisconsin. He recently did an import from West Africa...

Matt

Gehandylan

CCA Members
That for the link. They have WC Myaka Myaka in stock. I'll contact them later today.

I live in Toronto Canada and Pan Chin recommended that I connect with your group in my search for Myaka Maka.

Thanks again.

Gehandylan

CCA Members
Matt,

Is it possible to have wild caught fish for sale when the Myaka Myaka cichlid is critically endangered?

Thanks - Gehan

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm not sure of the particulars of catching / exporting from Lake Barombo-Mbo but I'd bet that they have that designation because their (along with the other fish from the lake) are all endemic to the one crater lake. In other words, that little lake - if I remember only 13km across - is the only place in the world they are found.

The main threat to the lake is that it's being depleted as a water supply for a growing city near it in Cameroon. A few fish for the small worldwide demand for the fish probably doesn't have an impact but informs and engages people who wouldn't otherwise know or care.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm not sure that Jeff ships to Canada. You might also check with Oliver Lucanus at BelowWater (in Toronto area?) or Spencer Jacks / Afishionados in Winnipeg.

Matt

Gehandylan

CCA Members
Thanks for clarifying about WC from Lake Barombi. I currently have a lovely group of 16 Stomatepia Pindu that has just started to breed.

I did check with Spencer who informed me that he has not had Myka Myka in 6 years.

In the event Jeff does not ship to Toronto Canada, I can get him to ship to Buffalo air cargo. I Can Drive Across The borde and pick up the fish. Done it many times with my Tanganyikan purchases.

Given the strong US $ vs the Canadian $ (1US $ = 1.35 CAD $), getting WC fish from the US is expensive. For example, a WC Myka Myka will cost me around CAN $ 68. I also pay 13% taxes on top of that in addition to shipping. I'll do my best to find cheaper TR Myka Myka if available. If not, I'll go the WC route.

My sincere appreciation for sharing Jeff's coordinates with me.

A pic of of my Pindu is attached herewith. They share a 220G with 35 adult Red Bulu Petros and get on really well.

Cheers - Gehan

20161009_184353.jpg