• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Want to purchase Uaru amphiacanthoides

Freakgecko

Members
I’m not aware of anyone currently breeding them in the group. My pair spawned and then the male died and my first batch didn’t make it unfortunately. I have seen them at Go Fish up near Baltimore. Was turned off from that store by the owner though, he’s quite rude. Only place I’ve heard of having baby uaru routinely for a decent price

Pocari

CCA Members
Thank you for the input! I just spoke to a lfs in Frederick, MD and they’ve got some but it’s 100 bucks for a 5” fish. I miss the circa 2010 prices lol

Freakgecko

Members
Thank you for the input! I just spoke to a lfs in Frederick, MD and they’ve got some but it’s 100 bucks for a 5” fish. I miss the circa 2010 prices lol
That prices is absolutely obscene lol these guys are slow growers, but their demand is not nearly that high. Definitely would recommend giving Go Fish a call and see, they breed their own I believe

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
P Pocari I believe L Londontownetropicals has some in. Dale, you still have them?

Pocari

CCA Members
House of Tropicals in Glen Bernie would prob be the farthest I’d want to travel. I’m coming from chantilly, va and that would be about an hour for me. There’s not many options in Virginia unfortunately. Thanks to both of you!

Freakgecko

Members
House of Tropicals in Glen Bernie would prob be the farthest I’d want to travel. I’m coming from chantilly, va and that would be about an hour for me. There’s not many options in Virginia unfortunately. Thanks to both of you!
the last few times I’ve seen them at HOT they were either riddled with ick or deformed/unhealthy. They also ask $30 ea for 1-2” fish. I’m not a fan of HOT in general, personally.

Pocari

CCA Members
Thank you. Ok, I was thinking HOT was a good option.. but that’s compared to what I’m used to seeing. Rosedale is just too far for me.

I was actually thinking of going to HOT to pick up another 180 gallon tank this week anyway. Is there another store that’s offering a better deal if I were to drive a little further? They’re offering a standard 180 for $890.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
If you are looking to get a tank, but have enough time to order it, call Aquatic Creations in Frederick. They ordered my 180 for me and it was a really good deal. Ordering the tank only took a week or so.

Pocari

CCA Members
If you are looking to get a tank, but have enough time to order it, call Aquatic Creations in Frederick. They ordered my 180 for me and it was a really good deal. Ordering the tank only took a week or so.

Thank you - I’ll give them a call 👍