• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Virtual Monthly Meetings?

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Now that the monthly meetings are canceled, is there a chance to host them as Virtual meetings? Zoom maybe? Just a thought.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
That’s awesome. Is there a link or an email list to subscribe to for the next GWAPA virtual meeting?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
We had a virtual meeting in May, it was a live YouTube stream from one of our scheduled presentations.

We plan to have virtual meetings when possible starting in September, we generally never had meetings in July and August, but are working on lining up presentations or topics for the last months of the year.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
We had a virtual meeting in May, it was a live YouTube stream from one of our scheduled presentations.

We plan to have virtual meetings when possible starting in September, we generally never had meetings in July and August, but are working on lining up presentations or topics for the last months of the year.

That would be great. Is there also a possibility for virtual auctions? Either for local pick ups or with shipping if both parties are interested.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
That would be great. Is there also a possibility for virtual auctions? Either for local pick ups or with shipping if both parties are interested.
Virtual auctions are unlikely, the logistics of finding something relevant for the club are likely not worth the effort. We're just hoping for a big auction or marketplace once we can finally return. We've discussed the possibility of an outdoor marketplace at some point, but would need to determine a suitable location and policies. In the meantime you're welcome to post in the marketplace forum, or post what you're looking for.

Freakgecko

Members
Virtual auctions are unlikely, the logistics of finding something relevant for the club are likely not worth the effort. We're just hoping for a big auction or marketplace once we can finally return. We've discussed the possibility of an outdoor marketplace at some point, but would need to determine a suitable location and policies. In the meantime you're welcome to post in the marketplace forum, or post what you're looking for.
A miniature BFD would be cool to celebrate a return 😎 just don’t give me beer and allow me around an auction 🤐

Becca

Members
A miniature BFD would be cool to celebrate a return 😎 just don’t give me beer and allow me around an auction 🤐

DITTO. I made SO MANY bad decisions :eek:.

Honestly, from the standpoint of someone who works with epidemiologists and public health professionals, I don't think we're near through this. The US would need a major cultural attitude adjustment, massive expansion in testing, and cooperation from corporations and employers with a shift in priorities from profits to societal needs and necessity. Right now, it's not even legal for corporations to put national health above shareholders' stakes, so... I mean, a few car manufacturers tried that by setting uniform fuel standards and look where that got them.

The BOD is working on getting virtual presentations together. Some of our scheduled presenters don't have the capability or willingness to work with the technology, which is going to mean some shuffling of our planned speakers.