• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tropheus Moorii

Ok, I've been looking at pictures of Tropheus moorii and I absolutely love them! The colors
of all the varients are so nice! I wouldn't be able to keep more than one varient pair in
a setup without fear of them interbreeding would I? Any good information on this fish online?

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Best way to keep Tropheus of any kind is a group of 10 to 15 in a large tank. One of my colonies did start out with four but that was not on purpose. I would think 50 gal is the lower limit for adults and that would be cramped. I keep mine in 100 gallon tanks. You would also want only one type and/or color variety. They will eat any and all plant material. Tossing clippings in is like feeding culls to your Oscars. Even if you could sex them, keeping a pair is VERY near impossible. He would kill her.

Tropheus are fun and gorgeous fish, but I thought Francine's pictures had you stuck on pikes. You are going to need a lot of tanks.

George

If you are interested in getting some, I think I saw some a few weeks ago in a tank in Aquarium Center in Randalstown MD. If I remember the price correctly, you better bring your Loan Officer with you to get a tank of 10-15 of them though.

I have about 20 tropheus bemba orange 1.5"-2", selling all for $8.00 ea. Let me know if this is the variety you would be interested in. Nice pretty orange band species. This would be a nice starter colony, I have them now in a 20 long with a few calvus and a pair of cyps.

Gerard