• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

This is terrible

Zepp914

CCA Members
They also have a half million invasive wild boars and unknown numbers of Burmese Pythons to deal with too. With a climate that allows most everything to survive and a human population dumb enough to drop unwanted pets off in the Everglades, there is only one solution to this problem.

FishEggs

Need to find a delicious way of preparing pleco for dinner. Or just grind them up for cat food. Hmmm.... catfish for cat food.

lock jaw

CCA Members
Florida also has a lion fish invasion.

Florida is not the only place with invasive species problems. The asian carp it taking over large waterways.

I lived in Texas and the hog invasion is a bigger problem over there. This is the best solution to it, but will not get rid of all of them.

Last edited:

zendog

That is pretty tragic when you see the plecos actually on the manatees. Manatees are just one of those evolutionary niche creatures that are vulnerable to so many things that have entered their environment.

Besides invasives putting pressure on native species, the number of invasive species impacting our food supply is pretty scary as well. I grow various edibles in the yard and attacks on them by invasive bugs seems to go up every year - japanese beetles, stink bugs, oriental fruit moth, spotted wing drosophila and even bugs that have been imported from other areas of the US like plum curculio. The spotted lanternfly is already a few counties away and there are others as well. But at least we don't have wild hogs yet!

stany

CCA Members
Hopefully the governments can stop their political games and address these problems. No I don't play the numbers I get in fortune cookies I get. Hope springs eternal conserving natural resources is more important something said or done 20+ years ago.