• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

think im finally gonna buy a FX6

Eyeguy05

Members
so i think im gonna buy a FX6 this week for my 150 and was wondering were the purigen would go? in the bottom tray? anything i should know about this filter before i buy it?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I just use the Fluval sponges and bio media in all three trays in the FX5's that I have. I wouldn't be concerned about using chemical filtration.

Eyeguy05

Members
I just use the Fluval sponges and bio media in all three trays in the FX5's that I have. I wouldn't be concerned about using chemical filtration.

ive already got the purigen, so might as well use it. i am going to transfer my bio stars over from my marineland 360 to the other 2 trays.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
How long does the purigen last before it needs to be "refreshed" (or whatever the proper term is?)? If it needs to be done frequently, I'd put it in the top tray so it can be easily accessed without breaking the entire filter down. While FX5's are great filters for big tanks, they aren't the easiest piece of equipment to clean.

Eyeguy05

Members
How long does the purigen last before it needs to be "refreshed" (or whatever the proper term is?)? If it needs to be done frequently, I'd put it in the top tray so it can be easily accessed without breaking the entire filter down. While FX5's are great filters for big tanks, they aren't the easiest piece of equipment to clean.

it can go a few months.