• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thank You CCA

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of the CCA members who helped to make AquaMania 2013 a success, both by coming out and supporting the event as well as those who donated their time volunteering to help.

Thanks to Matt, Tony, Christine, Jim, and Mike for taking charge of their respective parts of the event and running them seamlessly.

Thanks to Pat for his guidance and behind the scenes efforts.

Thanks to the teams leading the Aquarium Beautiful Contest and the Kids Decorating contests. They were highlights of the weekend.

Thanks to the members who volunteered to help throught the weekend. We couldn't have done it without you stepping up to help.

Thanks to our Sponsors. We had so much support that made the event possible.

What a great time. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Jon

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
It definitely took a village, but I was very pleased with how everything worked out. The collaborative effort seemed to not make anyone feel too much of the burden. Thanks to everyone, I was proud to be a part of a successful event.

Anyone have any fun stories to share, or a favorite moment to describe?

Hannibal

Members
I had a great time, it was a wonderful first fish event for me and will definitely make me consider traveling to others in the future. I learned a ton by getting to talk to a bunch of different people and even picked up a great pair of fish in the process.

Great job everyone and thank you!!!

verbal

CCA Members
There were a lot of good times this weekend. It was great to see old friends and making some new ones.

The highlight for me was hanging out in the hospitality suite with all 3 speakers.

thedavidzoo

Members
I just wanted to add my thanks to all who made this possible! It was my first fish event outside of monthly meetings. I had a good time, learned a lot from the speakers, and ended up getting lots of great new fish! Been doing the aquarium/fish/shuffle here since I got back....

MarkK

CCA Members
Want to add my thanks to all that worked to make Aquamania a success!

Especially all the pre-event planning and coordinating efforts!

Thanks to all!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Threw some shoutouts on another thread, but wanted to throw some thanks out there to Manuel and Chris E for traveling to and from the airport for our speakers, as well as Jason C for all the incredible AV work.

This sure was an awesome event...

Hannibal

Members
No worries! I'm just glad that I could help!

Plus it's not everyday that you get a chance to sit and chat with someone like Ken. Made that 45 min drive to the airport seem like it was about 5 mins.

clearsky5

CCA Members
When I registered for Aquamania, I didn't think how much work I would be in for come the weekend.. This was a first time for me entering in an aquarium beautiful competition, and It was a wonderful event, and I learned so much. On Saturday night I thought I was going to have a coronary over all the work to worry about breaking down the tank and setting up my vending table for the marketplace, but while driving home and playing over in my head how the whole weekend went for me I have to say I would do it again next week!
Everyone was so helpful, and there was never a need for assistance, as there was always someone to help out.
I thouroughly enjoyed the down time and meeting with folks at the hospitality suite, and hearing someof the stories told, especially by our speakers...
For a first time event, Major KUDOS out to the folks that made this weekend work and where do i sign up for the next one!
david

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
One of the beautiful things about Aquamania is that the attendees transcended the usual hard-core fish folks. We had tons of causal fish hobbyists as well as newcomers in attendance.

I had a couple of old friends stop by the convention.

One of my friends, Sean, got out of fishkeeping about 10 years ago. Well guess what? He showed up on Sunday, bought his ticket for the market place and checked out the wares. He later went home, cleaned up his old stand and canopy and inventoried his equipment. He hopes to set up a 30 with tetras, cories and likely apistos or another dwarf this weekend. :smile:

My other high school friend, Bill, brought his 12-year old son, Max. Max had one tank last summer with mollies in it. With a bit of nudging from me, he got his second and third tanks since then. He now keeps yellow labs and rusties and a pair of Frank's rams. :smile:

I gave him my copy of Ad's Malawi feeding video about a month ago and he was pumped to come for the whole weekend. Having a hockey tournament on Saturday, they were only able to come on Sunday, but got there early enough to sit in the front row of Ad's talk. Being a Malawi cichlid keeper, Max hung on every one of Ad's words. It was pretty incredible. I only wish I would have gotten their picture together...

This is what this club is all about. :smile:

Just thought I'd share.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Awesome story, Tony.

My wife and kids were around for the weekend. Although it was a bit tough on them that I was physically there but couldn't always be Dad and CCA VP at the same time, they had a great time. The kids especially liked Rachel's talk. Jonny has asked if he could get the snail with the long nose (assassin snail) to put in his tank about 14 times...

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I had a great time! You masterminds should really be quite proud of the results. I also just wanted to shout out to Christine's husband, Bruce, who was a big help this weekend.

My most memorable event of the weekend was playing Cards Against Humanity and hearing Ad Konings reading the cards. I don't think I have laughed that hard in years.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I got to see all three talks on Sat, a first for me cause I am usually busy with selling stuff or setting up stuff.
The AB and Kids contests when smoother than I had expected and there were great tanks and variety. I did post some pics on another thread.

Sitting and selling behind my table at the Marketplace was very relaxing and enjoyed talking with so many people. Would definitely do it again.

The layout of the marketplace with such large isles was great and made crowd flow easy. Would recommend in future not to put anyone in from of the back door/exit.

Fantastic Auto/visual equipment and operator and background he provided. All so professional and it made the talks even better.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Yes, Thanks to Jason for his level head and help when my videos wouldn't work!! That is something we need to address for future speakers- videos would not work on my or Ad's presentation using the club's laptop. Luckily Ad used Ken's and I had brougght my own.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Yes, Thanks to Jason for his level head and help when my videos wouldn't work!! That is something we need to address for future speakers- videos would not work on my or Ad's presentation using the club's laptop. Luckily Ad used Ken's and I had brougght my own.

Its probably the default player on the CCA computer. That usually happens when the default player is different from the one the power point was created on.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

clearsky5

CCA Members
Tony:
thats what this is about (to me) the awareness of the hobby to folks that casually gaze at aquariums at the local pet store and wonder if they could keep fish......
I am all over that and any way we can bring that sort of gift of the hobby to new folks is great!
I had many interactions with people just walking by, and asking questions while many of us were setting up tanks...
It was a lot of fun and I got to spend a little more time with fellow hobbyists,
I was speaking with a friend down here in Richmond, and they thought I was crazy driving all the way up there for such an event, but promised they would indulge me next time and visit the show.

david

johnscottant

Members
Just wanted to thank everyone on behalf of The Cichlid Club of York for a great event! Our group had so much fun getting involved, setting up a tank, enjoying the speakers and then there was the Marketplace........ 3 of us spent a combined total of over 800.00 between the silent auction and the Marketplace,,,, My crew was very excited and looking forward to next year, Great job!!!!