• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tfh Talk

mscichlid

Founder
A very interesting article about Daphnia in the latest issue of TFH.

Joshua Wiegert (former PVASer) suggests that you could possibly start a daphnia culture with frozen or freeze-dried daphnia! What a concept.

Anyone willing to try it?

Julie

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Apr 8 2008, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did you find a source for the moina?[/b]

How long is dry moina good for??

I bet you want everyone to test the daphnia theory, Francine. I can wait for my pool outside to be ready... a friend is emptying out his pool of daphnia and other bugs and bring them over. My pikes, apistos, and most everything else are gonna be sooooo happy!! :jumpy:

DeeCee

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sonny Disposition @ Apr 6 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I nominate DeeCee and JustRon.[/b]

LOL, Bob, you know I killed off a couple tanks of daphnia! Don't tell Francine though.......... :eek:
Someone will have to save that article for me, k?

Well, I just moved & don't have any tanks dedicated to daphnia, at least not at this time.

As a matter of fact - both of my tanks are EMPTY and waiting for me to get off my patootie &
get them running so I can get some feesh in there! DOH!!!!

DC