• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tfh Mag For April

mscichlid

Founder
Funny issue. There is a turtle on the cover. Comes with an article as well. Then Lee Finley and Wayne Leibel switched columns, and so did Ted Colleti and that woman who usually writes about planted tanks. I didn't find anything else that was along those lines.

Dick Stratton is stepping down from the Q and A section after 25+ years.

There is a nice pike article by Stan Sung. Listed a few smaller pikes I now just have to have!

Oh yeah, there was an announcement that TFH is going live. The gist of it is that if you subscribe you may be able to view the issue before it's mailed. I find that exciting and practical. I think I'd prefer to read it online than accumulate all the hard copies. I'm wondering if they are offering a choice? I'll go to there site and see....

It's true. http://www.tfhmagazine.com/tfh-digital/

That's gonna save a few more trees down the road. :happy0100:

Btw, Li is going to advertise the MAN sites in TFH this year. The ads will also feature APF. Ed is currently working on them. :cool0027:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
They have been a heavy weight in the business for quite a while and I'm not surprised by their decision to preview each issue before it's released. You're right, it saves not only trees, but space around the house.

Thanx for the info Franny!

marge618

CCA member
Franny: Yes! Tfh is a great magazine. I went to their site you posted. Online Tfh seems to be available only to subscribers of Tfh. Apparently you have to subscribe to the magazine...after doing so you can also sign up for the digital version. Seems to me you then end up with both....

Very convenient, but I don't see it saving any trees...

Later,
Marge

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phishphorphun @ Feb 27 2008, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's gonna save a few more trees down the road. :happy0100:

Btw, Li is going to advertise the MAN sites in TFH this year. The ads will also feature APF. Ed is currently working on them. :cool0027:
[/b]

the first ad is will be out next month.. march 20s... :)

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marge618 @ Feb 27 2008, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Franny: Yes! Tfh is a great magazine. I went to their site you posted. Online Tfh seems to be available only to subscribers of Tfh. Apparently you have to subscribe to the magazine...after doing so you can also sign up for the digital version. Seems to me you then end up with both....

Very convenient, but I don't see it saving any trees...

Later,
Marge[/b]

from what i understand.. if you sub to the physical magazine you will get the digital with it.. you can get the digital (only) version at a cheaper rate. its mainly target for the international subscribers. since there is a delay getting the magazine and higher rate of the sub for the international...