• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tangled Up in Cichlids 'BFD 8' Pre-orders

Kevin@TUIC

CCA Members
Hello CCA family!

Tangled Up in Cichlids once again is glad to be part of your show as it has been for so many years past. Myself and my family will be in attendance this year. I personally am thrilled to be part of ‘The Big Fish Deal 8’ and am very thankful that Becca reached out and that Michael has been so helpful.

I'd like to officially begin accepting fish pre-orders tomorrow, Friday the 6th which is one week before the BFD and a whole weekend before the stock list is available to the public. Of course, if you see something now that you want, I certainly can take the order for you now before it may sell out. The stock list will be updated on the 6th with the most current availability for CCA/BFD members & attendees only. You will save on all packing and shipping costs as I will be taking these down to the show myself to hand deliver them to you! :p

While I can't guarantee that each and every fish, I have posted on the stock list today on will still be available tomorrow I will certainly do my best to fill BFD pre-orders first as they are requested. I was hoping to have at least 1 more import arrive before the event as I have 3 pending. However, they just won’t make in time for the show. In fact, one import was scheduled to land the afternoon before the show. I had to reschedule that for the following week. I apologize for that. If one manages to make it here with enough time before the show, I will update the list as needed.

At this time, I welcome all pre-order inquiries. How does it work you ask?

Here are the instructions on pre-ordering your fish.​

1. Review the stock list that I will have posted here(below). It will be posted here on Friday the 6th. *NOTE it will NOT be updated on my website publicly until Monday the 9th. CCA members and BFD attendees get first dibs 😉

2. Make a list of what you’d like. Adjust it about 100 times because you just can’t decide (trust me, I get it)

3. Email me your order/inquiries at sales.TUIC@gmail.com using ‘BFD 8’ in the subject line.
At this time is when we can discuss and hopefully finalize your order and arrange payment and pickup options. Pre-payment is ideal to make the transfer at the event seamless but is certainly not required. Cash and credit cards will be accepted at the event. All I ask is that if you change your mind on an unpaid pre-order is please let me know asap so that I don’t bag it where it may have to remain bagged until Sunday morning when I return to NJ.

4. I will bag and bring your fish with me to ‘The Big Fish Deal 8’ on Friday the 13th (yikes, that’s creepy) where they will be available for pickup when the event opens.
I will have each bag labeled with your name and keep them at the booth in heated Styrofoam containers. This will ensure they are immediately available to exchange when you come by the booth.

That’s all. Simple right?

Pick up of your pre-orders on Friday would be ideal, but I understand if you cannot do so until Saturday. I completely understand people may have other obligations and will do what I can to accommodate individual needs. Keep in mind the fish likely will be bagged Thursday evening or very early Friday morning before I drive from northern NJ.

As for what I will bring to sell from the tanks at the show... I honestly have no idea. I will decide about a day or likely right when I’m bagging fish to leave.
I will keep the pre-ordered fish separate as mentioned above with your name written on the bags from the fish I will bring to stock display tanks at my booth.

I do not plan to bring many large or known-to-be aggressive fish as they are not ideal to display in smaller tanks with other fish. If you are on the fence about ordering something like that you have until the evening of the 12th to contact me to bag it and take with me.

Please by all means, do not hesitate to come by our booth to say hello, chit chat, or just to check out the fish - even if you have no intention of buying anything. I will have a very special guest helping me out in the booth as well 😉

I am excited and I look forward to meeting everyone and hope to help make your event successful.

Kindest regards,
Kevin

www.tangledupincichlids.com
https://www.instagram.com/tangled_up_in_cichlids/
https://www.facebook.com/sales.tuic

***STOCK LIST WILL GO HERE ***
👇

Freakgecko

Members
Super excited for this! Thanks Kevin for coming to the BFD and offering this great service!

Are you going to be offering a discount for CCA members? If not, completely understand! Just thought I would ask

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Looking forward to having Kevin at the BFD and seeing his fish!

To clarify: the ballroom is technically closed on friday, as the Marketplace is only open for saturday.

For pre-orders, saturday pickup is preferred, friday pickup will need special arrangements, and will need to be outside of the ballroom, or downstairs in the auction room. I'll confirm details with Kevin and post any updates.

Also a reminder that registration is required for pre-orders as well.

Kevin@TUIC

CCA Members
Hello CCA members. As promised below will be the most updated stock list. Please note a minor change to original post above regarding pick up of pre-ordered fish. Apparently I cannot go back and edit so I will post the update here. I did not realize that there would be no admittance to the booths on Friday. No biggie here. The fish will be packed as late as possible and will be fine in the bags until Saturday. So that just means that Pick up of your pre-orders will be immediately available on Saturday the 14th at our booth when the event opens. Please see original post above for all other ordering instructions. Send all inquiries to sales.tuic@gmail.com
My stock list as a whole has too many characters for one single post so I will post in sections via region(s). This is the same list that will go public on my website on Monday.

I will start with Central American species ;)

Central American Cichlids
NameSizeDescriptionPrice
Adinioacara coeruleopctatus "Rio Lari" F12 - 2.5"Adolecant growouts of rare Costa Rican acara already displaying intricate blue vermiculations on face and long fin extensions starting to form.$20 ea. or 4 @ $18.50 ea.
Amatitlania sp. 'Honduran redfin'2.5"CB small growing, bright blue with red tail and fins$8.50 ea. or 6 @ $7.50 ea.
Amatitlania sp. 'Honduran redfin' – leucistic2.5"CB pink bodied Honduran redfins with blue hues plus red tail & fins$8.50 ea. or 6 @ $7.50 ea.
Amatitlania siquia2.5 - 3"CB Rio Tempisque orange sided/blue faced Costa Rican convicts of great size in limited quantity$12.50 ea. (ltd.qty.avail.)
Amphilophus citrinellus2 - 2.5"CB pure 'Midas cichlids' from Lago Nicaraguan breeders$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Amphilophus istlanus2 - 2.5"CB grow outs of uncommon 'red' istlanus$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Amphilophus labiatus 'Isla Zapetera'3.5 - 4"CB pure 'red devil' grow outs of Isla Zapatera, Lago Nicaragua award winning stock – that display the characteristic enlarged lips of true labiatus$20 ea. or 4 @ $18.50 ea.
Amphilophus lyonsi2.5"CB large growing with orange/ black barred pattern and outgoing personality!$12.50 ea. or 6 @ $10 ea.
Chiapaheros grammodes2 - 2.5"CB red and blue spotted/red striped Mexican guapote$12.50 ea. or 6 @ $10 ea.
Cryptoheros cutteri2"CB medium growing with striped pattern displaying electric blue and yellow coloring.$15 ea.
Crytpoheros myrnae 'Rio Lari' F12 - 2.5"F1 growouts of Rio Lari, Costa Rican 'topaz cichlid' beginning to display purple and amber/yellow adult coloration. C.A.R.E.S species$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Cryptoheros nanoluteus.75 - 1"CB juveniles of 'yellow convict'. Small growing yellow gems. C.A.R.E.S Species$12.50 ea. (ltd.qty.avail.)
Cincelichthys bocourti1.5"Giant growing, yet peaceful and great for large communities; golden body, orange sides w/ black bars$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Herichthys carpintis3.5 - 4"CB huge electric blue spotted stock; most similar to the popular 'Laguna Escondida' form once distributed by TUIC$25 ea. or 4 @ $18.50 ea.
4.5 - 5"Larger unsexed sub-adults of super bright electric blue race$35 ea. (ltd.qty.avail.)
Herotilapia multispinosa2 - 2.5"CB adult 'rainbow cichlids' - a md growing, very well behaved & easy to breed species that can be kept in low aggression community$12.50 ea. (ltd.qty.avail.)
Hypsophrys nicaraguense3.5 - 4"CB medium to large growing species that develop a rainbow of color as adults$25 ea. or 4 @ $18.50 ea.
Neetroplus nematopus1.5 - 2"CB tough and feisty black/purple bodied 'neets from Lago Nicaraguan stock available in a limited quantity$8.50 ea. or 6 @ $7.50 ea.
Maskaheros argentea2"CB juveniles of majestic, Large growing, tall silver bodies with black pepper spotted pattern$15 ea. or 6 @ $12 ea.
Parachromis dovii2 - 2.5"Juveniles of giant growing 'wolf cichlid' from unrelated F1 & F2 Costa Rican breeders$12.50 ea. or 4 @ $10 ea.
3.5 - 4"Limited quantity of sexed males available from same breeders as listed above$35 ea.
Parachromis managuensis4 - 4.5"CB tried and true black and gold Jaguar cichlids with purple sheen in medium size available$25 ea.
Parachromis motaguensis3"CB 'red tigers' showing ornate red and black pattern at this size$18 ea.
Rocio octofasciata4.5"CB aquarium classic ‘Jack Dempsey’ w/ brilliant blue spangling & purplish colored head on males, and blue cheeks on females$20 ea. Sexed pairs @ $45 pr.
Thorichthys aureus 'Blue'2"CB Blue aureum. One of the most desireable Tand sought Thorichthys$15 ea. or 6 @ $12 ea.
Thorichthys maculipinnis1"CB incredibly showy species. Blue spangling with reddish orange bellies$7 ea.
Thorichthys meeki2.5"CB firemouth already with deep scarlet red on head and throat with blue sheen on body$8.50 ea. or 6 @ $7.50 ea.
Trichromis salvini "Cenote Encantado" F21 - 1.5"F2 juveniles of bright yellow and blue salvini from large, deep, cool water Cenote Encantado, Southern Quintana Roo, Mexico exclusive TUIC collection!$12.50 ea. or 6 @ $10 ea.
Trichromis salvini 'Rio Candelaria' F22.5 - 3"F2 juveniles of modest desirable 'Candelaria' race that feature shared bright red coloration for each gender$15 ea.
Trichromis salvini 'Rio Candelaria' F15" / 6"Large F1 adult pairs of brightly colored bright yellow and red salvini$100 pr. (2 pairs available)
Trichromis salvini 'Rio Grijalva' F12 - 2.5"Grow outs of red and blue colored Rio Grijalva salvini.$12.50 ea. or 6 @ $10 ea.
Vieja breidohri 'Presa de Angustora'5"CB from 'Presa de Angustora' stock. A darker, more robust bodied form of breidorhi$40 ea. (ltd.qty. avail.)
Vieja maculicauda5.5"CB Black belts. Large silver / black pepper spotted bodies with distinct “black belt’ and blood red throat$20 ea. or 4 @ $18.50 ea.
Vieja melanura (var. synspila)4.5"CB feisty redheads. Displaying a rainbow of color at a great size$18.50 ea.

Last edited:

Kevin@TUIC

CCA Members
South American Cichlids
NameSizeDescriptionPrice
Acaronia nassa 'Rio Nanay' WILD3 - 3.5"Gold-metallic scaled with long ornate fins, huge mouth and extra large red eyes$20 ea. or 4 @ $18.50 ea
Aequidens diadema 'Jenaro Herrera' WILD2.5 - 3"Peruvian collected ‘royal acara’ already displaying a rainbow of color$15 ea. or 5 @ $12.50 ea.
Aequidens metae 'Rio Atabapo' WILD3.5"Wild 'yellow/orange saddle acara'-highly colorful, mild tempered for larger growing acara$18 ea. or 6 @ $15 ea.
Aequidens sp. 'Atabapo'2"F1 growouts of mouth brooding acara featuring iridecent green spangles - a TUIC exclusive$20 ea. or 4 @ $18.50 ea.
Andinocara biseriatus F23.5"F2 adolescents; of rare, peaceful, gorgeous red-finned acara - a TUIC exclusive$30 ea.
4.5"next size up on larger adolescents$40 ea.
Andinoacara latifrons 'Rio Magdalena' WILD3.5"Colombian 'turquoise acara' covered in turquoise spangles. Gorgeous and easy to keep$15 ea. or 4 @ $12.50 ea.
Andinoacara pulcher4"CB large and beefy blue acara displaying brilliant blue spangling & vermiculations on the face$25 ea.
Andinoacara rivulatus4.5"CB gold saum green terrors. Medium sized females available for that large male that needs a mate!$35 ea.
Astronotus ocellatus 'Rio Cristalino' WILD2.5"Juveniles of newly collected wild Brazilian oscars from Goias, Brazil. BRAND NEW first time in the USA! $28 ea. or 5 @ $25 ea.
Astronotus cf. ocellatus 'Rio Caqueta' WILD2.5"Wild undescribed Colombian oscars with ornate pattern; adults are red, tan, and black$15 ea.
Biotodoma cupido 'Rio Nanay' WILD3.5 - 4"Large wild adult with very attractive pastel yellow/purple/pink coloration!$35
Burjurquina sp. 'San Jose' F11.5 - 2"F1 juveniles of Rio Guaviare, San Jose Colombian undescribed rarity that display, intricate turquoise spangles/dashes on cheeks, mild mannered a TUIC exclusive!$15 ea. or 5 @ $12.50 ea.
Cichlasoma dimerus 'Bella Union'2"F2 Bella Union, Uruguay gorgeous growouts of emerald colored ovaline bodied acara$12.50 ea. or 6 @ $10 ea.
3"Next size up available in limited quatitity$15 ea.
Crenicichla lepidota 'Rio Curuana' WILD7"Large adolecents of Rio Curuana collected olive green / yellow white bodied 'two spot' pike cichlid$115 ea. (ltd.qty.avail.)
Crenicihla marmorata 'Rio Tapajos' WILD10"Large wild sub-adult of extremely rare import Rio Tapajos 'marbled pike' displaying adult coloring and pattern eating prepared foods$250 ea. (ltd.qty.avail.)
Creninicichla notophthalmus 'Rio Negro' WILD2.5 - 3"Wild collected Rio Negro juvenile dwarf pike$25 ea. or 5 @ $20 ea.
Geophagus pellegrini1"CB juveniles of highly colorful ‘yellow hump head’ earth-eaters$18 ea. or 6 @ $15 ea.
Geophagus sp. 'Rio Branco' WILD5 - 6"Stunning sub-adult wild undescibed Rio Branco, Roraima Brazil geos! $150 ea. or 3 @ $135 ea.
7.5 - 8"Large breathtakingly beautiful wild adult Rio Branco, Roraima Brazil, undescribed geo$175 ea. (ltd.qty.avil.)
Geophagus steindachneri 'Rio Magdalena' WILD4 - 4.5"Wild 'red hump Geos' from Colombia; medium growing, very hardy, species already displaying deep red humped heads with blue sheen on sides of body$20 ea.
Geophagus sveni 'Rio Parana' WILD3.5 - 4"Wild adolescent of popular Rio Parana sveni $125 ea. or 3 @ $115 ea.
Geophagus sveni 'Rio Parana'1"CB juvenile from Rio Parana stock. Large growing and arguably the most beautiful of all geos$20.00 ea. (ltd.qty.avil.)
Geophagus winemilleri2"CB calm and beautiful, medium growing Geos with red striped tail$20 ea. or 6 @ $17 ea.
Guianacara cf. owroewefi2"CB rarely offered red spotted Suriname variety$25 ea. or 6 @ $22 ea.
Heroes cf efasciatus 'rotkeil' WILD6.5" / 7"Large pair of wild Rio Nanay Rotkeil severum in limited quantity$150 pr.
Heros cf. efasciatus 'aka appendiculatus' WILD3.5 - 4" Wild juvenile Rio Nanay 'turquoise severum' – formerly known as H. appendiculatus$28 ea. or 3 @ $25 ea.
Hoplarchus psittacus 'Rio Inirida' WILD4.5 - 5"Wild Colombian parrot cichlids of great size w/ characteristic turquoise color & huge red eyes$40 ea. or 4 @ $35 ea.
Hypelecara temporalis4"CB ‘chocolate cichlids’ richly colored, mild mannered & showy species featuring emerald body, plum fins, and blood red eyes$30 ea. or 4 @ $28.50 ea.
Krobia xinguensis1.5" - 2"CB small and peaceful with bold pattern already developing. Striking orange/red scribbled face as adults$22 ea. or 6 @ $18.50 ea.
Kronoheros umbriferus 'Rio Magdalena' WILD2"Rio Mag ‘blue freckled monsters’! One of the largest growing and most beautiful of all S. American cichlids!$15 ea.
Laetacara araguaiae1 - 1.5"CB juvenile turquoise blue 'dwarf smiling acara' – formerly known as 'buckelkopf'$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Laetacara curviceps3"CB larger sized peaceful ‘flag' acara. Brilliant yellow and blue bodies. Perfect for that Amazon community tank$15 ea. or $6 @ $12.50 ea.
Mesonauta egregius 'Rio Meta' WILD3.5"Wild Colombia 'yellow face flag cichlids'-peaceful, md growing mid-upper level occupants$20 ea.
Mesonauta mirificus 'Rio Nanay' WILD1.5"Wild Peru 'yellow side flag cichlids' – uncommonly imported/identified juveniles$15.00 each or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Pterophyllum scalare 'Manacapuru' albino3"CB Albino 'Rio Manacapuru' tall bodied Bazilian angelfish. Beginning to develop distinct red velvet colored back and laser red eyes-ltd qty only$30 ea.
Pterophyllum scalare 'Rio Nanay' WILD2.5"Wild caught Peruvian scalare angels that often display spotted pattern as adults$20 ea.
Satanoperca daemon 'Rio Inirida' WILD4"Large sized wild 3 spotted demon earth eater$25
Satanoperca mapiritenis 'Rio Inirida' WILD3.5 - 4"Golden iridescent green spangled Colombian earth eater with profusely spangled face$30 ea.

Kevin@TUIC

CCA Members
African / Old World Cichlids
NameSizeDescriptionPrice
Cyphotilapia frontosa4"Perfect chunky grow out size of slow growing CB 6-stripe Lake Tanganyikan mouthbrooders$40 ea.
Hemichromis guttalatum4"Medium growing jewel cichlid w/crimson red body & turquoise spangles$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Hemichromis lifalli 'Congo Red'3"CB 'dwarf Congo red jewels' ridiculously glowing red body covered w/ turquoise jewel spots$10 ea. or 6 @ $8.50 ea.
Heterotilapia buttikoferi 1.5 - 2"Bold, wide black and yellow bands on large growing, recently difficult to import West African tank buster$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Pleco species
NameSizeDescriptionPrice
Baryancistrus demantoides L200 'Rio Orinoco' WILD3"Juvenile 'green phantom' lime green body with pearl colored spot pattern and yellow fins$35 ea.
Panaqolus albivermis L204 'Rio Ucayali' WILD2.5"Wide black bars punctuated by bold cream pinstripes; highly attractive, hardy, md growing 'flash pleco'$35 ea.
Panaque ambrusteri L027 'Alenguer' WILD4 - 5"L027 'gold thunder Araguaia royal pleco' of substantial size. Bold gold & black striped pattern. A collector's pleco $150 ea.
Panaque bathyphilus L090 'Rio Maranon' WILD6"Wild medium sized 'papa panaque' pleco$100 ea.
8"Next size up on impressively large 'papa panaque' pleco with long tail extensions$125 ea.
Catfish species
NameSizeDescriptionPrice
Aguarunichthys torosus WILD7"Peruvian 'bolt cats' in ltd qty; highly sought after Pim that grows to 14 inches$250 (1 available)
Bagroides melapterus6"Absolutely stunning mottled black/gold pattern harlequin lancer cat$150
Calophysus macropterus 'Rio Amazonia' WILD7.5"Peru 'vulture cat' possessing all the 'giant cat attributes except titanic size; grows to 18 inches$125 ea.
9"Next sixe up on wild Peruvian 'vulture cats'$135 ea.
Leiarius marmoratus 'Rio Nanay' WILD11"Peru 'marbled cat' - very attractive, large growing and spectacular show cat of that grows 20-24"$100
Leiarius pictus 'Rio Nanay' WILD12"Large ‘painted sailfin cat' with bold pattern, huge dorsal, and extra long barbels. I hand feed this fish!$250
Megalodoras uranoscopus “Rio Amazonia” WILD3.5 - 4"Juveniles of lg growing, prehistoric 'giant talking catfish' – formerly known as 'irwini'$40 ea.
Oxydoras niger 'Rio Amazonia' WILD7"Great sized gental giant purple-black prehistoric looking 'ripsaw' cats from Peru.$75 ea.
Platysilurus mucosus 'Rio Amazonia' WILD4"Peru 'spotted gold shovel-nose cat' with barbels extending past the tail; rarely imported, remains <12 inches$50 ea.
Scleromystax barbatus 'Mage' WILD2.5 - 3"One of - if not the most impressive and largest growing of 'Cory cats'; cool hardy species from Mage by Rio de Janeiro$30 ea.
Synodontis decorus4"Large black and white spotted upside down cats with long dorsal fin extensions$45 ea.
Synodontis eupterus4.5"Great sized with flowing fins on these "Featherfin squeaker" catfish$45 ea.
Characins (Tetra types) & Cyprinids (Barb/Carp types)
NameSizeDescriptionPrice
Astyanax cf. xavavante 'Juruena green' WILD1 - 1.5"Alto Aragiaia, Mato Grosso collected Astyanax; natural 'neon green colored!', rare import of md growing, very active and attractive addition for sm-md communities$22 ea. or 6 @ $18.50 ea.
Balantiocheilos melanopterus3.5 - 4"Tough and tolerant Bala / tri-color sharks. Fast and large growing. Great dither for md cichlids$10 ea. or 6 @$8.50 ea.
10"1 super sized well cared for tank raised adult available$55 (1 available)
Botia macracantha3.5"Remarkable clown loaches of exceptional size; playful and colorful addition to md-lg sized communities$36 ea.
Chalceus macrolepidota 'Rio Inirida' WILD6"Wild Colombian 'pink tail chalceus’ very impressive top water species of great size and color$25 ea.
Hyphessobrycon wadai 'Comodoro' WILD1 - 1.5"Blue, purple, red colored md growing Brazilian characin from Comodoro, Mato Grosso; rare and schooling gem for sm-md sized communities$22 ea. or 6 @ $18.50 ea.
Leporinus fasciatus 'Rio Meta' WILD3"Boldly banded yellow and black Anostomid from Colombia; great addition to active md community$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Leporinus fasciatus 'Rio Nanay' WILD2.5"Boldly banded yellow and black Anostomid from Peru; great addition to active md community$15 ea. or 6 @ $12.50 ea.
Leporinus granti2"Extremely rare import of robust bodied cb Suriname characin; remarkably colored w/ red fins, gold body w/ornate black spots$35 ea.
3"next size up of gorgeous rare beauty$45 ea.
Leporinus nijsseni2"Another rarely offered Suriname characin w/ red fins and black spots/bands over gold body; these are super exotic options for active md sized communities$35 ea.
Myleus cf. schomburgkii 'Rio Vichada' WILD4.5"Large 'wide bar blue hook' Colombian silver dollars$45 ea. or 4 @ $35 ea.
Mylesinus paraschomburgkii 'Rio Tapajos' WILD3.5"Red finned, red sided 12" growing, rarely imported pacu from Pimental, Rio Tapajos.
Super option for active rarity for md-lg community
$80 ea. or 3 @ $75 ea.
Myloplus rubripinnis 'Rio Inirida' WILD5"Large wild Colombian 'red hook' silver dollars with orange blotches$45 ea. (ltd. qty. avail.)
Myloplus rubripinnis 'Rio Vichada' WILD3"Medium sized Colombian 'red hook' silver dollars$20 ea. or 4 @ $17 ea.
Semaprochilodus laticeps 'Rio Inirida' WILD4"Large super red-finned Colombian ‘flagtails’ with black checkerboard pattern on rear of body$35 ea. or 4 @ $30 ea.
Tetragonopterus argenteus 'Rio Nanay' WILD4.5"Large growing, huge-eyed 'Stoplight' tetra with red fins$35 ea. or 4 @ $30 ea.
Anabantiformes
NameSizeDescriptionPrice
Trichropodus leeri2"Bronze bodies with orange throat area and impressive pearl spotted pattern. Peaceful pearl gourami make a great dither for smaller growing cichlids$7 ea. or 6 for $5 ea.
Trichropodus pectoralis5"Olive colored body with amber eyes and red fins on these large-sized snakeskin gourami$18 ea. or 5 @ $15 ea.

Kevin@TUIC

CCA Members
👆 thats the list. Contact me for any questions at the above listed email. I look forward to meeting you all in person next weekend!