• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stop Worrying and Learn How to Love Staghorn Algae?

mchambers

Former CCA member
It is now in a few of my tanks, mostly entangling plants, like the base of some crypts. Here's a picture showing the stuff in some subwassertang.
Ac__hh0AUW5GgBR8gPtDLw5Cj3OA8j-NojytzgSGkq7jFuaLPC3xHGjfjTZyYOabpMGnFfdi_rG5rxkRP2ho-kw_ZsiYs2pEQlzPE2OWqxqIdw-v4U7FZV_LZakuphttTiHm57YU_lqPttkgQhfH4D1WJxUHcmDJS7lmsr7Jni3QvuLC1KqZTVoKL7JmO1iSBLxpNrw7Jfy8klWUdr6Kp6xdtKush_8vQLIlY0fG08jzcX4rs6m1LQdGWKTTn6CHFdmKfEXze2g5zlrU1V4sialosJz-tzq4frTJLOukcUqtmYEsOIMRGQ55p7mr2QyojjuJ9ycnnTl9hH3GlsiiAzEzKFn3nZfsdyAYhOvkgi4GSLxybQht0Ozdd3mCa1sIT-Gc8gwOfOQkBecJXwBgqIyHuoPzH_y5kB8pLqMfPgEyZf0tsExrK1Vyd8nlE6H8RiJ9Cok5uMBfJpUs3Rvgu_Tdy29ahKabjBF5UQV_-eGNPmLpt1qlmY4niswnMdzunkkhTNCY3Ashv5J--Fg4_y_B16gNzsGo4Bst6b76sbF5xCyFvcCs70XiHKZrTTJLlYSQxyrsisnNg2FskwwwsOriDYCKABPz99rVH6AkM4aVmTC_KMA8=w1192-h894-no

Kris Weinhold's page on algae has a picture that makes me think this is in fact staghorn. He suggests that the main way to combat it is manual removal, which is tedious. Any creative ideas? Should I just pretend it is a desirable plant and stop worrying?

finzz

Members
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Slim Pickens at his finest!

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Classic political satire.
Sellers played Dr. Strangelove, the president, and a British exchange officer.

Blaise