• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stone For Sale

maddog10

Members
If any one is interested, I am having some stone delivered this week (for some projects around the house) and will have plenty left over. There will be 2 kinds. Wall Stone which is fairly flat and easy to stack, great for making caves (it is the type of stone that is in my tanks right now). I will also have River Stone wich is the more natural rounded stone, great for making rock piles with small nooks and crannies. Wall Stone will by anywhere from 5"-16" long and up to 4" thick. River Stone will mostly be 4"-7" (perfect size for an aquarium). I am going to sell it for $0.25 (25 cents) per pound (I will have plenty of each kind). This is much cheaper than you would pay at a fish store, if you could even find them in these sizes.

Wall Stone (dirty - cleans up nice - browns, reds and grays)
wall.jpg

Wall Stone - In Aquarium (there are 6 pieces in this shot about 80 pounds)
wall-1.jpg

River Stone (very nice, different colors and sizes)
river.jpg

River Stone - (this is what 45 pounds look like in the aquarium, fish are about 3/4" long)
river-1.jpg

If any one is interested, I am having some stone delivered this week (for some projects around the house) and will have plenty left over. There will be 2 kinds. Wall Stone which is fairly flat and easy to stack, great for making caves (it is the type of stone that is in my tanks right now). I will also have River Stone wich is the more natural rounded stone, great for making rock piles with small nooks and crannies. Wall Stone will by anywhere from 5"-16" long and up to 4" thick. River Stone will mostly be 4"-7" (perfect size for an aquarium). I am going to sell it for $0.25 (25 cents) per pound (I will have plenty of each kind). This is much cheaper than you would pay at a fish store, if you could even find them in these sizes. I will post some photos wants it gets here. Just wanted to let you guys know.
[/b]

i m interested in some river stone..do you have some pictures

Laxison

Members
I would definitely be interested in any you're selling! Would you prefer pick up or possibly bringing the stones to the next meeting? (I'd only need enough for a 20 gal long, so I wouldn't be asking you to haul 18,000 lbs!)

maddog10

Members
I can bring to the meeting, no problem. They delivered the wall stone today but not the river stone (probably tomorrow). It is raining now and getting dark so I will wait for the other stone to arrive and post pictures.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
If you have extra at the meeting, I like the wall stone. Would take both actually.
Don't kill yourself loading. When you are done with everyone else. Need some for the 150

maddog10

Members
I plan on bringing some of each to the meeting. Nursery will not be able to deliver the river stone until next week now. I am at their mercy. Can't complain, got 10% off and talked them into free delivery.

maddog10

Members
New photos posted (at start of thread). If you are interested and want to pick-up at April meeting, please let me know about how much you would like (so I know how much to bring). I have a lot of each type.

maddog10

Members
I loaded up some larger pieces with you in mind! Plus I still have plenty here at the house if you need more than I bring.

maddog10

Members
Thanks everyone who bought stone! I still have plenty left if you, or anyone else, needs some just let me know.

Laxison

Members
Mike, thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! for the stones! I can't tell you how much better my tank looks with the new rocks in it! I will post before and after pictures when I have a chance but I just wanted to thank you so very much for a great deal and some great stones!!

maddog10

Members
Need stone, let me know. VERY LARGE pieces of Malaysian driftwood will be in next week (details soon)!