• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stocking question

TeamPisces

CCA Members
I was reviewing some of my old posts and was thinking that some of my questions just sounded dumb, lol. Anyway, I want get back into my aquarium again. I have a 55 gallon. I was looking to follow up on a suggestion and get some quads of yellow labs and rusties. Can you recommend some other fish mates that would complement the yellow labs and rusties? One more question. Is there a reputable dealer of Pseudotropheus Saulosi? I don't see them on Daves Rare Fish. They seem difficult to get.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Maingano or johanni would give you a blue compliment. If you want something similar to the saulosi, check out "msobo deep" they have the orange females and blue males like the saulosi. I checked Dave's list and he does have them, they're now classified as "chindongo" but if you click on the link, you'll notice the picture is still labeled Pseudotropheus, so I'm sure it's the same fish. He also has the msobo though, so check out both, the msobo have a different pattern. If you call Dave he can recommend one or the other, and I just happen to be placing an order for delivery soon, I think he has the Labs and rusties too.

TeamPisces

CCA Members
Maingano or johanni would give you a blue compliment. If you want something similar to the saulosi, check out "msobo deep" they have the orange females and blue males like the saulosi. I checked Dave's list and he does have them, they're now classified as "chindongo" but if you click on the link, you'll notice the picture is still labeled Pseudotropheus, so I'm sure it's the same fish. He also has the msobo though, so check out both, the msobo have a different pattern. If you call Dave he can recommend one or the other, and I just happen to be placing an order for delivery soon, I think he has the Labs and rusties too.

Thanks for the suggestions. If I was setup, I would be placing an order with you.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Thanks for the suggestions. If I was setup, I would be placing an order with you.
What do you need to get it setup? Not trying to pressure you, just curious. If the tank is there some seeded filter material and something to buffer the water would be all you need.