• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

spent a little time in the room

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I actually spent 2 hours in the fishroom yesterday cleaning up. No water changes, No algea cleaning. Just cleaning up all the crap I leave laying around. It just piles up.
Usually I spend a lot of time on water and never on the other stuff. I also moved some fry around and mixed up 3 months worth of Safe.

IMG_0834_zps29267f41.jpg

Also its funny how different the back grounds look with different light bulbs above them.
All except the top 3 on the left and the right middle are painted the same color. You would never know it with this picture.
As I turn over tanks I now paint them the darker blue you see on top left.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Me too. I finished setting up my outdoor pond/tub, and moved some fish into it, which meant that I needed to put away the 15 gallon tank sitting in the middle of the floor, and several bags of pumps and other equipment. Room looks a lot nicer cleaned up.

chriscoli

Administrator
Yep, I've been needing to do that too. My fishroom's a complete disaster right now. Amazing how much stuff can accumulate.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Heck, I could spend another couple hours just cleaning out filters. LOL

Sometimes I wish I had 2 or 3 days with nothing to do but get caught up in the fishroom. Never ends. Or so it seems.

FishEggs

And its not just the fish stuff that accumulates around here. I could spend a week just trying to clean up and get rid of all the random stuff that finds its way in and around the house.

I thought you weren't supposed to premix Safe until you were ready to use it.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
And its not just the fish stuff that accumulates around here. I could spend a week just trying to clean up and get rid of all the random stuff that finds its way in and around the house.

I thought you weren't supposed to premix Safe until you were ready to use it.

I have been doing it for about 1 1/2 years. I mix a bunch at one time. I put a date on the bottles (paint pen) and it usally lasts me 3 months of normal water changes. My normal water changes are 50-75% every 2 weeks or so. So far so good.
I also have a smaller bottle that I use in my "travel" set up. I would guess that mixture is 1 year old or so. Used it to set up at AquaMania without any issues.
Am I pressing my luck? Possibly but I prefer the ease of premixed with out the expense of buying it that way.
IMG_0820_zpseb68952c.jpg