• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Show off your amatitlania/cryptoheros

Acara19

CCA Members
here's my last remaining amatitlania sp.
I call him Nick, he's a marbled honduran red point, I bred him and raised him myself
he's got a nick in his dorsal fin, just a deformity he was born with, but that's where he got his name from
my male (his father) the female of my original pair, so I sold him off at the BFD since I didn't need a singular aggressive male HRP to take up an entire tank (but he was still a beautiful fish)
I sold his older siblings at the BFD too since I wouldn't have room for 6 HRP's, eventually to be more since the two largest juveniles had paired up in the growout tank
meanwhile nick had eaten all of the other fry in his batch so I was just left to raise him on his own
and I'd say I raised him pretty well, he turned out to look almost exactly like his father minus the markings his father had on his face
but yeah this is my guy now I wanna see what everyone else has

nick.gif

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'll try to see if I can get some pics when I get home, but I still have some in my collection of amatitlania species in my fish room. I have a. siquia from Rio Cabayo and Rio Panama, as well as a female a. kanna from Rio Banano and a group of c. septemfaciatus. These are still some of my favorite fish to keep.