• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Serious rain coming -- spawning activity?

chriscoli

Administrator
Matt, I was thinking of you and your corys when I looked at the weather map this morning and saw the big low pressure area sitting over DC.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Matt, I was thinking of you and your corys when I looked at the weather map this morning and saw the big low pressure area sitting over DC.
Shoulda been thinking of Mr. Kinyon! He's a much better cory breeder than me.

I've never seen a lot of success with breeding following barometric pressure drops. Yes, I've seen some spawning, but I can't say that it's been an unusual amount. Now, my CW010 (gold lasers) spawned yesterday, after a long period with no eggs, so there's that.

I will be doing lots of water changes today and tomorrow, using cooler rain water. Not sure how cool I can keep the tanks, however, since the basement is pretty warm these days.

dogofwar

CCA Members
My plans for Friday night include lots of cool water changes. Might just be the trick to get spawns out of some difficult species :)

Matt

Shoulda been thinking of Mr. Kinyon! He's a much better cory breeder than me.

I've never seen a lot of success with breeding following barometric pressure drops. Yes, I've seen some spawning, but I can't say that it's been an unusual amount. Now, my CW010 (gold lasers) spawned yesterday, after a long period with no eggs, so there's that.

I will be doing lots of water changes today and tomorrow, using cooler rain water. Not sure how cool I can keep the tanks, however, since the basement is pretty warm these days.

Fishlover

CCA Members
I placed a trio of peppered cory catfish in a 15 gallon tank and placed it on my deck with the hopes of breeding them due to the pending storms. A few days later, they were gone! I was suspecting a heron or a raccoon. Cheeky bastards:)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Hey, if you're retired, you can do the water changes Friday morning, and then be even wilder Friday night!

more than 2" thus in northern DC, and Weather Underground is predicting 3" more by tomorrow afternoon.

I drained 3" out of my pond this morning, and it's already full again.

Carolineep

CCA Members
Hey, if you're retired, you can do the water changes Friday morning, and then be even wilder Friday night!

Might be wise to have a buddy if your getting wild while doing water changes.

If you hear chug chug in your mind while holding the python don't do it.

If your tanked leave your tanks. Hehe that's a good one

And I will leave you with this little nugget from futurama

We have nothing to fear; except running out of beer.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Might be wise to have a buddy if your getting wild while doing water changes.

If you hear chug chug in your mind while holding the python don't do it.

If your tanked leave your tanks. Hehe that's a good one

And I will leave you with this little nugget from futurama

We have nothing to fear; except running out of beer.
I learned the hard way never to consume alcohol while doing water changes!

mchambers

Former CCA member
We got more than 6" of rain thus far! Doesn't look like we'll get much more. I've done two set of water on my South American tanks. Haven't seen any spawning yet, though.