• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September Meeting of the CCA

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
image.jpeg September 10th 2pm

John Krepper
Enjoying Lake Tanganyika Cichlids and their aquarium requirements.


I first started keeping fish at age 12 (1968) and was quickly introduced to the Louisville Tropical Fish Fanciers and participated as a junior member. I moved from high fin green molly’s to Rift Lake cichlids in a short time and then settled in Lake Tanganyika in the early 1970’s and have keep them ever since with a break from 1994 to 2005. While in Santa Barbara California I founded the Santa Barbara Aquarium Society in 1979 and in 1985 returned to Louisville I rejoined the LTFF club and was later elected president then served for a few years and was the active president when LTFF sponsored the 1992 ACA convention. I am currently a member of the Circle City Aquarium Club. I have been a member of the ACA during my years in the hobby and regularly attend the ACA convention. Over the years of keeping Lake Tanganyika cichlids I have photographed my fish as well as my friend’s fish and will present these photo’s and share my experiences in the hobby in keeping Lake Tanganyika cichlids in the aquarium. Topics include feeding, territory requirements, water conditioning, general maintenance and good fish pics.

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
CCA regular meetings are at John F Kennedy High School in Silver Spring, Maryland. Our meetings are held in the cafeteria.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes, like most meetings, the second Saturday of the month, at 2 p.m. So it's this coming Saturday.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
image.jpeg

It should tell you at the top of the every page.
Unless you hit the X to make it go away.
Not trying to be smart. Can people see it or am I the only one since I am the admin?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
LOL
I think if you click on that X it will be gone forever for you. I think.
I still have not gotten access to the area under the drop down butt
on for club information to put it in
there. Li still working on that. That's why I put it at the top.

Plus I did put the date under the picture but it looks like I messed that part up. hmmmm never noticed it.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I will be attending tomorrow for the first time. Do I need to bring anything? Should I know anything about the building or parking or anything like that?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I will be attending tomorrow for the first time. Do I need to bring anything? Should I know anything about the building or parking or anything like that?

It is a school, so plenty of free parking. Arrive around 1:45 if you want time to look at auction items early. All auction items can be viewed on mygroupauctions.com
Bring your wallet and something to carry bags of new fish home with.

JLW

CCA Members
I see a message about clearing my cache and cookies, not a message about when the meeting is.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Glad to meet some of you at the meeting. I got to talk with Shawn(Sean), not sure which, and I saw several of you. I ended up buying the java moss at auction. I wanted the white calvus, but I would have had to rearrange tanks, and I figured there will be other opportunities to get them in the future. Just a thought, you ought to ask who is a first time attendee and recognize them. It would help those who are veterans of the CCA get a chance to say hello and introduce themselves to the new members/attenders.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Just a thought, you ought to ask who is a first time attendee and recognize them. It would help those who are veterans of the CCA get a chance to say hello and introduce themselves to the new members/attenders.
We usually do that, but didn't yesterday. Not sure why, but in a volunteer organization with different people filling in, sometimes things get lost in the shuffle.

Glad you liked the meeting!

CichlidDan

Members
Yesterday was my first meeting. Really enjoyed it and learned a lot about tanganyikan cichlids. Looking forward to coming to the future meetings!