• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

red devil tank setup

Eyeguy05

Members
for those of you with large red devils, how do you have your tanks set up? im getting ready to pull all my fake plants and small driftwood and just leave my large piece of driftwood. i may even remove all my sand since he makes such a mess with it. i think he might get bored if i take it out though, i can even it all out one day then he builds up huge mounds over night!!

big rocks and gravel pretty much anything else will be destroyed, moved and or rearranged in which he seems fit. tanks like these I don't even worry about the concept of landscaping due to the attitude of fish and their desire to change things the way they see fit.

Eyeguy05

Members
big rocks and gravel pretty much anything else will be destroyed, moved and or rearranged in which he seems fit. tanks like these I don't even worry about the concept of landscaping due to the attitude of fish and their desire to change things the way they see fit.

do you have any pics of your tanks

i will see if i can get you a few when i get home this evening. trust me nothing fancy at all. the most you will find in pretty much all my tanks is big wood and big rocks.....i do keep the gravel in them as well it's kinda funny to me to see it's going to be rearranged the next time they decide to change things around.

I'd recommend switching to gravel. The sand could get spat into your filter intake and cause issues. Large size, clay chimney liner would work good in a setup. Not very appealing to the eye, but would give him/her a place of refuge.

Eyeguy05

Members
I'd recommend switching to gravel. The sand could get spat into your filter intake and cause issues. Large size, clay chimney liner would work good in a setup. Not very appealing to the eye, but would give him/her a place of refuge.

i keep all my intakes up high so the sand doesnt get in them.