• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Recommendation for CO2 Regulator

Cal

CCA Members
I'm currently running CO2art regulator on my 55gal and I'm super happy with it! Unfortunately, they are not taking orders currently. Anyone have any recommendations for a reliable CO2 regulator? I plan on using it on my 29gal.

Becca

Members
Nick Kinser (GWAPA) recommended Aquatek to me as an inexpensive and reliable regulator. The basic model is pre-set, so no fiddling with dials and pressure. They used to be available on Amazon, but now I think you have to buy directly from the company either via their website or ebay.

I am very happy with a secondhand Green Leaf Aquariums model I got, but my understanding is that those are rather pricey.

Reactions: Cal

Cal

CCA Members
I'm looking at the green leaf products and it looks like no expense was spared! :eek: I'll have to look into Aquatek!

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
You can always look for a beer CO2 regulator. Won't have the bells and whistles, but costs much less.

Blaise

Becca

Members
You can always look for a beer CO2 regulator. Won't have the bells and whistles, but costs much less.

Blaise
Blaise - operationally, what are the differences? I'd imagine you could still add an in-line bubble counter and plug it into a controller.

I'm guessing they're not designed to adequately seal against End of Tank Dump?

Cal

CCA Members
What do you guys think about this option?
Hydroponics (Co2) Regulator Emitter System with Solenoid Valve Accurate and Easy to Adjust Flow Meter Made of High Quality Brass - Shorten up and Double Your Time for Harvesting - Not for Aquarium Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016NGH4M6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_dSBJzbBY0ARMR

It has great reviews for aquarium use minus having difficulty fine tuning bps. To midigate that problem I was gonna add a control vavle.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SMC-AS20...93696&wl11=online&wl12=41214450&wl13=&veh=sem

The valves were recommended to me by Justin from H2O Plants on YouTube. He uses the valves to adjust the amount of CO2 each aquarium gets when he splits a line.

At the end I'll be spending under $70 for the set up.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Blaise - operationally, what are the differences? I'd imagine you could still add an in-line bubble counter and plug it into a controller.

I'm guessing they're not designed to adequately seal against End of Tank Dump?
Not really sure, as I never pursued it. I think the lack of a solenoid is the major thing. Aaron Talbot originally pointed me toward the beer regulators as a cheap, but viable, option.

Blaise