• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Re-home FREE - 2 mature Silver Dollar (Metynnis lippincottianus?) and 2 mature Parrot Cichlid to a good home

Tankster

Members
Parrot: 1 Blood red; 1 Calico (red/black). all fish are 4 to 5+ inches and healthy.

I inherited these from a neighbor moving to a retirement community where he could not keep the fish. I need to find a good home for them. There are very out of place in my Aulonocara/Hap tank.

I will post picture tonight when I get home.

I live in Warrenton VA but can meet pretty much anywhere in Virginia.

Tankster

Members
I don't. Being from Warrenton Virginia it is quite the haul. I will absolutely make it a point to come to one if that is the best way to find these guys a new home. Was that the point of the question?

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Parrot: 1 Blood red; 1 Calico (red/black). all fish are 4 to 5+ inches and healthy.

I inherited these from a neighbor moving to a retirement community where he could not keep the fish. I need to find a good home for them. There are very out of place in my Aulonocara/Hap tank.

I will post picture tonight when I get home.

I live in Warrenton VA but can meet pretty much anywhere in Virginia.
I’d like the silver dollars. I live in Gaithersburg MD.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I don't. Being from Warrenton Virginia it is quite the haul. I will absolutely make it a point to come to one if that is the best way to find these guys a new home. Was that the point of the question?
Yeah, its generally pretty easy to find a taker at meetings because people are already there. And there's always the option to donate them to the auction which guarantees they find a new home.

I would've been interested, but I'm almost an hour from the meeting opposite direction of you, so pickup wouldn't have been an option. Figured it was worth asking, but looks like you might have found a taker without having to make the meeting.

Tankster

Members
Yeah, its generally pretty easy to find a taker at meetings because people are already there. And there's always the option to donate them to the auction which guarantees they find a new home.

I would've been interested, but I'm almost an hour from the meeting opposite direction of you, so pickup wouldn't have been an option. Figured it was worth asking, but looks like you might have found a taker without having to make the meeting.

Thanks!

I still need to come to a meeting, even if I don't have fish that need a home. I just need to make time for it. Work, reno on the house, 9 chickens, 2 dogs, lots of fish, and a wife with a serious honey do list keep me pretty busy.

Tankster

Members
Can we meet on Sunday in Bethesda?

Yes - just let me know when and where. I will have them in a 5 gallon bucket with an aerator. I can give you the bucket but will need to take the aerator. Is Bethesda close enough to your home that the fish won't suffer without a bubbler?

Scraps

Super Genius
Staff member
Yes - just let me know when and where. I will have them in a 5 gallon bucket with an aerator. I can give you the bucket but will need to take the aerator. Is Bethesda close enough to your home that the fish won't suffer without a bubbler?
Yes they will be fine. Call me directly so we can meet. 301-775-1965