• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PSA: DONT USE TAP WATER TODAY

bossanova

Members
Heartbroken! I lost a 5” Discus and a bunch of cichlids today... I always do python WCs... something got in the water supply and made all the fish sink to the bottom like dead weights after a few minutes.

Anybody else? I don’t mean to be alarmist but do want to spare others some pain if I can

zendog

So sorry to hear about your fish. That's such a bummer.

I haven't tested tap water in a long time but sounds like I better start again before my next water change. I wonder if it has something to do with the heat.

bossanova

Members
751B2702-08BB-45BE-84B1-86909D5C7509.jpeg
I wonder if it has something to do with the heat.

Probably, and who knows what else is in our water at this point. Water from the tanks is now reading 0, from brita filter 0.25, from tap 1.0

Another issue is that I happened to do more than 60% wc today on both tanks, I bet if I’d done 40% or less the prime and bio filter would have taken care of it.

chriscoli

Administrator
I am so sorry! I took Monday and Tuesday off from work this week as a staycation and did HUGE waterchanges. I'm feeling lucky. For what it's worth, my house draws from the Patuxent water treatment plant in MD.

chriscoli

Administrator
Interesting. I'd worry less about exposing my fish to bacterial contamination...but I might be concerned about any pulses of disinfectant that they may send through afterward.

bossanova

Members
Interesting. I'd worry less about exposing my fish to bacterial contamination...but I might be concerned about any pulses of disinfectant that they may send through afterward.
Maybe this is why ammonia is up? Probably been happening for a while but they’re just now notifying the public