1. Welcome Back! Please clear your cookies and cache. If you encounter issues please report it on this thread here --> https://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/posts/245545/ Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Proud to announce~ I am now a vendor for Repashy Superfoods!!

Discussion in 'CCA Sponsor - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd' started by msjinkzd, Jan 15, 2012.

  1. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    #1 msjinkzd, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    After spending several months working with Allen on his formulas, I am EXTREMELY proud and excited to announce I will be carrying his total line of formulas! I have noticed amazing growth and health with my fish and invertebrates and this is what I feed in most of my tanks now. I will create a discussion thread, but wanted to put out the formal press release here. So, without further ado!

    Quote:
    Repashy Press Release
    Repashy would like to announce the introduction of a completely new type of fish food for the Hobbyist and Breeder market. This new line is the culmination of several years of research and development that started life as an amphibian diet, and evolved into a fish food line during the course of testing and development.
    Repashy has adopted its proprietary gel technology from its reptile line to develop this new line of gel diets. These products are sold as powders that are quickly and easily made into firm gels. The gelling agents are plant-based and there is no need for refrigeration to solidify the gel after preparation.
    Repashy’s proprietary gel technology uses soluble algae and plant fibers in a combination that optimizes the gel’s firmness and durability while taking up only 5% of its weight. Typical flake and pellet formulas contain up to 20% binders, and often contain additional fillers, meaning Repashy formulas allow the inclusion of much higher levels of high quality ingredients.
    Repashy Gels do a better job of locking in nutrients than flake, pellet, or powdered diets. Water soluble vitamins and other nutrients are locked in the gel matrix and remain stable until broken down in the digestive tract.
    Repashy uses Stabilized Vitamin C in all of its formulas.
    Repashy uses only the highest quality, whole-animal ingredients available; no “fish meal†or other ingredients that are industry rejected byproducts. We use whole fish, whole squid, and whole krill as the backbone of our fish food except in our vegan formulas.
    Repashy Gels use no fillers, added starches, or binders such as wheat middling, wheat gluten, wheat flour, corn meal, corn starch, or other cereal starches. All Repashy formulas are gluten free.
    Repashy Gels contain no gelatin, which requires refrigeration to set, and is made of the poorly digestible protein collagen. Gelatin levels in other gel feeds can reach 20% of the total formula. Gluten, which is the most commonly used binder in flake and pellets, is also a poorly digestible protein. Both proteins affect the nutritional analysis and misrepresent the amount of high-quality, bio-available protein in a product. These poorly digestible proteins, as well as starch binders, can contribute to water fouling, can cause intestinal blockage, prevent the absorption of other nutrients, and can promote to the occurrence of bloat.
    Repashy Gels use no terrestrial animal proteins. We use only high quality aquatic animal proteins and in combination with highly digestible plant and yeast proteins.
    Repashy Gels contain no soy products. Soy contains high levels of trypsin inhibitors (an enzyme necessary to absorb proteins) and isoflavones, which are estrogen-like compounds.
    Repashy Gels all contain a combination of more than six high carotenoid ingredients (in the form of our famous “SuperPig†premix) providing a full spectrum of carotenoids. Levels range from 250 ppm to over 500 ppm total carotenoids and are the highest in the industry.
    Repashy Gels will remain stable in water for 24-48 hours, which promotes natural grazing compared to the “binge and purge†environment created using once or twice a day feeding with flakes or pellets. Slow feeding permits a naturally slow digestion process which is not possible when feeding large amounts and allowing the stomach to empty between feedings.
    Repashy Gels use no artificial food colorings or flavors. Repashy Gels utilize low temperature gelling agents and does not require a full boil for long periods like gelatin or agar. It requires about 85 degree C for only a few minutes to induce gel formation. This prevents nutrient degradation, especially compared to the typical high-heat processes of pellet extrusion or hot drum flaking, which produce the very high heat/steam required to activate starch and gluten based binders.
    Repashy Gels are thermo-reversible, meaning if you don’t get a firm gel due to insufficient temperature, you can just reheat and set it again.
    Repashy Gels are a very effective way to orally medicate fish. The gel can be heated to the required temperature, and the medication can be mixed in as the gel cools, before it becomes firm. This reduces temperature damage to medications. The medication will remain locked in the gel as long as the gel remains solid. This permits direct intestinal delivery, which is vastly superior to absorption through medicating the water.
    Repashy is launching this new line with the first four of a dozen products. Many of the formulas will work equally well for fresh AND salt water fish. We truly believe that this line will change the way that people look and think about fish feeding. We do not believe that this new line will replace flake or pellet food for all applications, but we think you will find it a great compliment, and believe there are applications where it will become the number one choice. We welcome your feedback and are continually working to further develop our products.
    Cheers, Allen Repashy
    __________________

    I will be carrying four formulas to start; Soilent Green, Community Plus, Meat Pie, and Shrimp Souffle.

    i will list here an overview of each product and its ingredients. Please limit discussion to the thread I will create following this one.

    Community Plus:
    [​IMG]
    Quote:
    COMMUNITY PLUS
    Omnivore Gel Premix
    NET WEIGHT 5.3 OZ / 150 GR

    Our Meal Replacement Gel for Omnivorous Species of Fish, Invertebrates, Amphibians, and Reptiles.

    INGREDIENTS: Whole Krill Meal, Alfalfa Leaf Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Stabilized Rice Bran, Whole Sardine Meal, Dried Brewers Yeast, Spirulina Algae, Chlorella Algae, Carrageenan Algae, Dried Kelp, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Schizochytrium Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

    Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 40%, Crude Fat min. 6%, Crude Fat max. 8%, Crude Fiber max. 8%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 9%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

    DIRECTIONS: To prepare one cup of product, add ¼ cup of powder into ¾ cup of cold water and stir until blended. Microwave until it starts to boil (typically 2-3 minutes), remove and stir. Alternatively, bring water to a boil on stove, remove from heat, and stir in powder. Immediately pour into a storage container or mould, and let sit at room temp until firm. The finished gel can be cut into cubes, shredded, or used as a whole slab. Whatever is not used immediately should be treated as fresh food. It can be stored sealed in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and in freezer for up to six months. To adjust firmness of gel, use more or less water as desired.

    PRODUCT INFO-PAGE WWW.REPASHY.COM/COMMP

    MADE IN USA
    Not for Human Consumption
    Meat Pie:
    [​IMG]
    Quote:
    MEAT PIE
    Carnivore Gel Premix
    NET WEIGHT 5.3 OZ / 150 GR

    Our Meal Replacement Gel for Carnivorous Species of Fish, Amphibians, Invertebrates, and Reptiles.

    INGREDIENTS: Whole Sardine Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Whole Krill Meal, Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Brewers Yeast, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Dried Kelp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Dicalcium Phosphate,Taurine, Spirulina Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

    Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 55%, Crude Fat min. 7%, Crude Fat Min 6% Max 8%, Crude Fiber max. 6%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 9%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2.5%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

    DIRECTIONS: To prepare one cup of product, add ¼ cup of powder into ¾ cup of cold water and stir until blended. Microwave until it starts to boil (typically 2-3 minutes), remove and stir. Alternatively, bring water to a boil on stove, remove from heat, and stir in powder. Immediately pour into a storage container or mould, and let sit at room temp until firm. The finished gel can be cut into cubes, shredded, or used as a whole slab. Whatever is not used immediately should be treated as fresh food. It can be stored sealed in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and in freezer for up to six months. To adjust firmness of gel, use more or less water as desired.

    PRODUCT INFO-PAGE WWW.REPASHY.COM/MPFISH

    MADE IN USA
    Not for Human Consumption
    Soilent Green:
    [​IMG]
    Quote:
    SOILENT GREEN
    Aufwuchs Gel Premix
    NET WEIGHT 5.3 OZ / 150 GR

    Our Meal Replacement Gel for Aufwuchs (algae and small living organisms) eating species of Fish, Invertebrates, Amphibians and Reptiles.

    INGREDIENTS: Chlorella Algae, Spirulina Algae, Whole Krill Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Alfalfa Leaf Meal, Whole Anchovy Meal, Germinated Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Brewers Yeast, Stabilized Rice Bran, Dried Kelp, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Schizochytrium Algae, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

    Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 45%, Crude Fat min. 6%, Crude Fat max. 8%, Crude Fiber max. 8%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 12%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

    DIRECTIONS: To prepare one cup of product, add ¼ cup of powder into ¾ cup of cold water and stir until blended. Microwave until it starts to boil (typically 2-3 minutes), remove and stir. Alternatively, bring water to a boil on stove, remove from heat, and stir in powder. Immediately pour into a storage container or mould, and let sit at room temp until firm. The finished gel can be cut into cubes, shredded, or used as a whole slab. Whatever is not used immediately should be treated as fresh food. It can be stored sealed in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and in freezer for up to six months. To adjust firmness of gel, use more or less water as desired.

    PRODUCT INFO-PAGE WWW.REPASHY.COM/SG

    MADE IN USA
    Not for Human Consumption
    Shrimp Souffle
    [​IMG]
    Quote:
    SHRIMP SOUFFLE
    Scavenger Gel Premix
    NET WEIGHT 5.3 OZ / 150 GR

    Our Meal Replacement Gel for Scavengers of all kinds, Shrimp, Crab, Crayfish, Snails, Fish, Amphibians and Reptiles.

    INGREDIENTS: Whole Squid Meal, Whole Krill Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Pea Protein Isolate, Spirulina Algae, Dried Brewer’s Yeast, Alfalfa Leaf Powder, Stabilized Rice Bran, Germinated Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Dried Kelp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Schizochytrium Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

    Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 45%, Crude Fat min. 6%, Crude Fat max. 8%, Crude Fiber max. 8%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 9%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2.5%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

    DIRECTIONS: To prepare one cup of product, add ¼ cup of powder into ¾ cup of cold water and stir until blended. Microwave until it starts to boil (typically 2-3 minutes), remove and stir. Alternatively, bring water to a boil on stove, remove from heat, and stir in powder. Immediately pour into a storage container or mould, and let sit at room temp until firm. The finished gel can be cut into cubes, shredded, or used as a whole slab. Whatever is not used immediately should be treated as fresh food. It can be stored sealed in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and in freezer for up to six months. To adjust firmness of gel, use more or less water as desired.

    PRODUCT INFO-PAGE WWW.REPASHY.COM/SS

    MADE IN USA
    Not for Human Consumption

    Soilent Green
    This fresh and saltwater formula is labeled for “aufwuchs†eaters. Aufwuchs is a combination of green algae, diatoms, and small plants, along with tiny organisms such as insect larvae, crustaceans, rotifers, protozoans, and snails that live with them on the surface of hard substrates such as rocks. Many species of fish such as Mbuna cichlids, various plecos and gobies are specialized to feed on aufwuchs by scraping hard surfaces for whatever nutrients they can find. These species do eat a lot of low-caloric algae, but it is the small meaty treats that they relish and what really makes them grow and thrive. Soilent Green is a no-expense-spared blend of algae (25% of formula), combined with the highest quality whole aquatic animal ingredients, to provide a perfect balance of plant and aquatic animal proteins. Soilent Green is perfect for more herbivorous fish, shrimps, crabs, and snails.
    Meat Pie
    The Meat Pie formula is extremely high in bio-available protein (>55%), and designed for fresh and saltwater carnivores and scavengers. It includes whole sardine meal, whole squid meal, and whole krill meal as its primary ingredients. Meat Pie replicates protein levels of whole aquatic organisms such as fish, crustaceans, insects, and mollusks as a staple diet for carnivores. Plus, it’s great as an occasional treat or for conditioning omnivorous species for breeding or after transport. Meat Pie is also perfect for use in reptiles and amphibians such as various carnivorous species of turtles, newts, and lizards.

    Shrimp Soufflé
    This fresh and saltwater “scavenger formula†is an omnivore formula specifically designed for aquatic and semi-aquatic invertebrates and mollusk eaters. Shrimp Soufflé is high in calcium, and has double the carotenoid levels of the other Repashy Gel formulas to provide essential nutrients for a strong exoskeleton and great coloration. Omnivorous species of shrimps, crabs, and crayfish, as well as many species of loaches have an extremely high attraction to mollusks, therefore whole squid (a mollusk) is the primary ingredient in this formula to maximize palatability. It has moderate levels of proteins from a combination of algae, aquatic animals, green plants, and yeast to replicate the diverse diet of scavenging species. Shrimp Soufflé is also ideal for omnivorous species, particularly as a color enhancer because of its higher carotenoid levels.
    Community Plus
    This fresh and saltwater formula is our “I want one food for everything†answer that contains a balanced combination of aquatic animal, algae, yeast, and plant ingredients. It is a great choice for a tank with a wide variety of species. It features whole krill meal as the primary ingredient, which is one of the most widely accepted feed ingredients available anywhere. Everybody loves krill, which also contains high levels of chitin that are beneficial for fin development. Community Plus has moderate protein levels to reduce water fouling and satisfy the needs of a wide variety of species.





    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I will be carrying four formulas to start; Soilent Green, Community Plus, Meat Pie, and Shrimp Souffle.

    i will list here an overview of each product and its ingredients. Please limit discussion to the thread I will create following this one.

    Community Plus:
    This fresh and saltwater formula is our “I want one food for everything†answer that contains a balanced combination of aquatic animal, algae, yeast, and plant ingredients. It is a great choice for a tank with a wide variety of species. It features whole krill meal as the primary ingredient, which is one of the most widely accepted feed ingredients available anywhere. Everybody loves krill, which also contains high levels of chitin that are beneficial for fin development. Community Plus has moderate protein levels to reduce water fouling and satisfy the needs of a wide variety of species.

    Quote:
    COMMUNITY PLUS
    Omnivore Gel Premix
    NET WEIGHT 5.3 OZ / 150 GR

    Our Meal Replacement Gel for Omnivorous Species of Fish, Invertebrates, Amphibians, and Reptiles.

    INGREDIENTS: Whole Krill Meal, Alfalfa Leaf Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Stabilized Rice Bran, Whole Sardine Meal, Dried Brewers Yeast, Spirulina Algae, Chlorella Algae, Carrageenan Algae, Dried Kelp, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Schizochytrium Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

    Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 40%, Crude Fat min. 6%, Crude Fat max. 8%, Crude Fiber max. 8%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 9%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

    DIRECTIONS: To prepare one cup of product, add ¼ cup of powder into ¾ cup of cold water and stir until blended. Microwave until it starts to boil (typically 2-3 minutes), remove and stir. Alternatively, bring water to a boil on stove, remove from heat, and stir in powder. Immediately pour into a storage container or mould, and let sit at room temp until firm. The finished gel can be cut into cubes, shredded, or used as a whole slab. Whatever is not used immediately should be treated as fresh food. It can be stored sealed in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and in freezer for up to six months. To adjust firmness of gel, use more or less water as desired.

    PRODUCT INFO-PAGE WWW.REPASHY.COM/COMMP

    MADE IN USA
    Not for Human Consumption
    Meat Pie:

    The Meat Pie formula is extremely high in bio-available protein (>55%), and designed for fresh and saltwater carnivores and scavengers. It includes whole sardine meal, whole squid meal, and whole krill meal as its primary ingredients. Meat Pie replicates protein levels of whole aquatic organisms such as fish, crustaceans, insects, and mollusks as a staple diet for carnivores. Plus, it’s great as an occasional treat or for conditioning omnivorous species for breeding or after transport. Meat Pie is also perfect for use in reptiles and amphibians such as various carnivorous species of turtles, newts, and lizards.
    Quote:
    MEAT PIE
    Carnivore Gel Premix
    NET WEIGHT 5.3 OZ / 150 GR

    Our Meal Replacement Gel for Carnivorous Species of Fish, Amphibians, Invertebrates, and Reptiles.

    INGREDIENTS: Whole Sardine Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Whole Krill Meal, Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Brewers Yeast, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Dried Kelp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Dicalcium Phosphate,Taurine, Spirulina Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

    Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 55%, Crude Fat min. 7%, Crude Fat Min 6% Max 8%, Crude Fiber max. 6%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 9%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2.5%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

    DIRECTIONS: To prepare one cup of product, add ¼ cup of powder into ¾ cup of cold water and stir until blended. Microwave until it starts to boil (typically 2-3 minutes), remove and stir. Alternatively, bring water to a boil on stove, remove from heat, and stir in powder. Immediately pour into a storage container or mould, and let sit at room temp until firm. The finished gel can be cut into cubes, shredded, or used as a whole slab. Whatever is not used immediately should be treated as fresh food. It can be stored sealed in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and in freezer for up to six months. To adjust firmness of gel, use more or less water as desired.

    PRODUCT INFO-PAGE WWW.REPASHY.COM/MPFISH

    MADE IN USA
    Not for Human Consumption
    Soilent Green:

    This fresh and saltwater formula is labeled for “aufwuchs†eaters. Aufwuchs is a combination of green algae, diatoms, and small plants, along with tiny organisms such as insect larvae, crustaceans, rotifers, protozoans, and snails that live with them on the surface of hard substrates such as rocks. Many species of fish such as Mbuna cichlids, various plecos and gobies are specialized to feed on aufwuchs by scraping hard surfaces for whatever nutrients they can find. These species do eat a lot of low-caloric algae, but it is the small meaty treats that they relish and what really makes them grow and thrive. Soilent Green is a no-expense-spared blend of algae (25% of formula), combined with the highest quality whole aquatic animal ingredients, to provide a perfect balance of plant and aquatic animal proteins. Soilent Green is perfect for more herbivorous fish, shrimps, crabs, and snails.

    Quote:
    SOILENT GREEN
    Aufwuchs Gel Premix
    NET WEIGHT 5.3 OZ / 150 GR

    Our Meal Replacement Gel for Aufwuchs (algae and small living organisms) eating species of Fish, Invertebrates, Amphibians and Reptiles.

    INGREDIENTS: Chlorella Algae, Spirulina Algae, Whole Krill Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Alfalfa Leaf Meal, Whole Anchovy Meal, Germinated Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Brewers Yeast, Stabilized Rice Bran, Dried Kelp, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Schizochytrium Algae, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

    Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 45%, Crude Fat min. 6%, Crude Fat max. 8%, Crude Fiber max. 8%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 12%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

    DIRECTIONS: To prepare one cup of product, add ¼ cup of powder into ¾ cup of cold water and stir until blended. Microwave until it starts to boil (typically 2-3 minutes), remove and stir. Alternatively, bring water to a boil on stove, remove from heat, and stir in powder. Immediately pour into a storage container or mould, and let sit at room temp until firm. The finished gel can be cut into cubes, shredded, or used as a whole slab. Whatever is not used immediately should be treated as fresh food. It can be stored sealed in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and in freezer for up to six months. To adjust firmness of gel, use more or less water as desired.

    PRODUCT INFO-PAGE WWW.REPASHY.COM/SG

    MADE IN USA
    Not for Human Consumption
    Shrimp Souffle


    This fresh and saltwater “scavenger formula†is an omnivore formula specifically designed for aquatic and semi-aquatic invertebrates and mollusk eaters. Shrimp Soufflé is high in calcium, and has double the carotenoid levels of the other Repashy Gel formulas to provide essential nutrients for a strong exoskeleton and great coloration. Omnivorous species of shrimps, crabs, and crayfish, as well as many species of loaches have an extremely high attraction to mollusks, therefore whole squid (a mollusk) is the primary ingredient in this formula to maximize palatability. It has moderate levels of proteins from a combination of algae, aquatic animals, green plants, and yeast to replicate the diverse diet of scavenging species. Shrimp Soufflé is also ideal for omnivorous species, particularly as a color enhancer because of its higher carotenoid levels.
    Quote:
    SHRIMP SOUFFLE
    Scavenger Gel Premix
    NET WEIGHT 5.3 OZ / 150 GR

    Our Meal Replacement Gel for Scavengers of all kinds, Shrimp, Crab, Crayfish, Snails, Fish, Amphibians and Reptiles.

    INGREDIENTS: Whole Squid Meal, Whole Krill Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Pea Protein Isolate, Spirulina Algae, Dried Brewer’s Yeast, Alfalfa Leaf Powder, Stabilized Rice Bran, Germinated Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Dried Kelp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Schizochytrium Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

    Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 45%, Crude Fat min. 6%, Crude Fat max. 8%, Crude Fiber max. 8%, Moisture max. 8%, Ash max. 9%, Calcium min. 1.5%, Calcium max. 2.5%, Phosphorus min. 0.75%.

    DIRECTIONS: To prepare one cup of product, add ¼ cup of powder into ¾ cup of cold water and stir until blended. Microwave until it starts to boil (typically 2-3 minutes), remove and stir. Alternatively, bring water to a boil on stove, remove from heat, and stir in powder. Immediately pour into a storage container or mould, and let sit at room temp until firm. The finished gel can be cut into cubes, shredded, or used as a whole slab. Whatever is not used immediately should be treated as fresh food. It can be stored sealed in refrigerator for up to two weeks, and in freezer for up to six months. To adjust firmness of gel, use more or less water as desired.

    PRODUCT INFO-PAGE WWW.REPASHY.COM/SS

    MADE IN USA
    Not for Human Consumption

    Please note, I just realized I can reduce pricing a little. Anyone who had ordered will get a partial refund to show the adjusted rates :)
    2 oz packet $7 = $3.50/oz = ~makes approximately 1 lb of food
    4 oz packet $10 = $2.50/oz =~ makes approximately 2 lb of food
    8 oz packet $18 = $2.25/oz = ~makes approximately 4lb of food
    16 oz packet $28 = $1.75/oz = ~makes approximately 8 lb of food
    64 oz packet = $60 = $.94/oz =~makes approximately 32 lb of food

    [/B]

    I have placed my first order which should arrive early next week. I mainly purchased 2 and 4 oz packages to start. I CAN and will happily preorder larger quantities for those interested.
     
  2. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    Here are some examples of different sized fish eating the foods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

    I use it in many ways beyond just blocks. I paint it onto driftwood for plecos to graze on, dip terra cotta discs into it for aufwuchs grazers, and fill snails shells with it for some other fish.
     
  3. dogofwar

    dogofwar Global Moderators
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2007
    Messages:
    9,926
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Potomac, MD
    Last Activity:
    Today at 10:19 PM
    num num.

    Can you bring to the next meeting?

    Matt
     
  4. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    Absolutely!
     
  5. jonclark96

    jonclark96 CCA President
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Jon
    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    Messages:
    9,481
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Frederick MD
    Last Activity:
    Today at 8:37 PM
    How does it work for your bigger fish like Mr. Crankypants?
     
  6. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    I have not fed it to him, but am using the meat pie for my cuban gar that i am growing out. I also am using it for my discus and dwarf cichlids.

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
     
  7. Andrewtfw

    Andrewtfw Global Moderators
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Andrew
    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,057
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Germantown, Maryland
    Last Activity:
    Friday at 10:32 PM
    I'll likely want some at the next meeting too. I read the thread on mfk where allen and you commented. Your endorsement convinced me to at least try it.
     
  8. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    These are the foods I use to condition all the fish and innvertebrates I import. I also feed it to all my personal fish except the big boys as they eat WAY too much

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
     
  9. Prince

    Prince The ONE who is The ONE
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Prince
    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2008
    Messages:
    2,080
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    SOMD
    Last Activity:
    Jul 7, 2016
    What the cost and sizes. I want some meat pie, community plus and shrimp souffle

    Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org
     
  10. Avatar

    Avatar Plenipotentiary-at-large

    Real Name:
    Samuel LaBudde
    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2010
    Messages:
    2,906
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    On the ragged edge
    Last Activity:
    Jun 30, 2016
    Candyman's secret

    Every prospective addict needs a first taste and usually two or three.
     
  11. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    pricing and sizes:
    Pricing:
    2 oz packet $8 = $4/oz = $2/half pound gel
    4 oz packet $12 = $3/oz = $1.5/half pound gel
    8 oz packet $20 = $2.5/oz = $1.25/half pound gel
    16 oz packet $32 = $2/oz = $1/half pound gel
    64 oz packet = $70 = $1.09/oz = $.545/half pound gel

    Please note, i can also order his line of herp/reptile foods andsupplements should anyone be interested.
     
  12. Prince

    Prince The ONE who is The ONE
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Prince
    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2008
    Messages:
    2,080
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    SOMD
    Last Activity:
    Jul 7, 2016
    How well does it keep in the refrigerator?
     
  13. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    It keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. I usually freeze it only because I have a freezer in my fishroom.

    I will warn you, and your spouses will thank me, this stuff really smells palatable to fish (i.e., its stinky when you cook it)
     
  14. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    there was a fair amount of discussion on MFK, both skeptical and positive, where the developer addressed concerns. Please, feel free to read the skeptics and the developers response: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?455488-Repashy-Superfood-%28for-cichlids%29/page3

    There are three of us selling thsi food online, the other two main endorsers are Ted Judy and Stephan Tanner. That should tell you something as well :)

    Ted made a pretty cool video as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXmZ4kWb3X4&feature=player_embedded
     
  15. Prince

    Prince The ONE who is The ONE
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Prince
    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2008
    Messages:
    2,080
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    SOMD
    Last Activity:
    Jul 7, 2016
    Are you still looking at the 20th to have it in stock?

    Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org
     
  16. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    Hope so! I just realized I can offer a better price breakdown:

    Please note, I just realized I can reduce pricing a little. Anyone who had ordered will get a partial refund to show the adjusted rates :)
    2 oz packet $7 = $3.50/oz = ~makes approximately 1 lb of food
    4 oz packet $10 = $2.50/oz =~ makes approximately 2 lb of food
    8 oz packet $18 = $2.25/oz = ~makes approximately 4lb of food
    16 oz packet $28 = $1.75/oz = ~makes approximately 8 lb of food
    64 oz packet = $60 = $.94/oz =~makes approximately 32 lb of food[/B]
     
  17. minifoot77

    minifoot77 Members

    Real Name:
    Caleb Andersen
    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    Messages:
    3,348
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    ottawa il
    Last Activity:
    Sep 5, 2014
    i'll take meat pie, SOILENT GREEN, and SHRIMP SOUFFLE at the next meeting all in the two oz flavor :)
     
  18. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    remind me! and no problem!
     
  19. Prince

    Prince The ONE who is The ONE
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Prince
    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2008
    Messages:
    2,080
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    SOMD
    Last Activity:
    Jul 7, 2016
    Who else ordered?
     
  20. msjinkzd

    msjinkzd invert junkie
    Staff Member

    Real Name:
    Rachel Oleary
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2008
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    york, pa
    Last Activity:
    Jun 23, 2016
    From CCA? No one, lol. In the whole fish world? I have had a LOT of orders and already have to restock. I am pretty pleased!
     

Share This Page