• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Prized Possession

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
What Cichlid or Non-Cichlid is your Prized Possession?

There has to be that one fish in the back of your mind, which is the ONE.

cyradis4

Members
I don't know..... There are sooooo many!!!!!!! But probably my prize fish is probably Ranger, the Discus that took 3rd place at Aquafest. But its a near run. I love my dominant female wild Cynotilapia Afra, the Labeotropheus Trewavasea female I have is one of my favorites, the wild Leopoldi Angelfish I have and Gretel and Sir Nick and Bomber are Angel favorites also. The fat goldfish is another I love, and there are many specific fish in the past that I loved dearly.

Species wise? I love them all, and I don't have a favorite. For me, its more like I love these the most, and these a bit less.

Later!
Amanda.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Here is my list:

1.) Protomelas taeniolatus Red Empress F1

2.) Aulonocara stuartgranti Maleri F1

3.) Aulonocara stuartgranti BiColor F1

Finally, my Protomelas Spilonatus Tanzania F1.

And of course the rest of my Various Malawi Peacocks.

Sonny Disposition

That's really hard to say. I just started with cichlids, so I'm still getting used to them. The aulonocara haven't grown up yet, although, so far, I'm impressed. I like the yellow labs a lot, but wish they didn't hide so much. The species long pelvics are sick and I'm not sure if they'll make it.

For stately grace, even though they have limited marketability, are fragile, demand special water and special food, and a general all pain in the neck, I'd have to say, the blackbanded sunfish (my avatar.)

What Cichlid or Non-Cichlid is your Prized Possession?

There has to be that one fish in the back of your mind, which is the ONE.[/b]

longstocking

Members
hmmmm well the Petrochromis bulu points... but I don't own them so I can't count them.

I guess my male nigriventris... he's jet black and stunning. My Tropheus Illangi group isn't looking too shabby lately either and breeding a lot more. This is an old pic of 2 males in my group....

DSCN2759-2.jpg

BUT....I'm sure when my feather fins are all grown up... they will be. That or some sand sifter I buy soon ;)

I dunno maybe my male simochromis... I love his fins. SOOO LONG ! As you can tell I don't have a favorite :lol:

Simo2.jpg

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Jan 28 2008, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here is my list:

1.) Protomelas taeniolatus Red Empress F1

2.) Aulonocara stuartgranti Maleri F1

3.) Aulonocara stuartgranti BiColor F1

Finally, my Protomelas Spilonatus Tanzania F1.

And of course the rest of my Various Malawi Peacocks.[/b]
Here are the Pics!
1aRichardsRedEmpress.jpg

2eMaleri111007.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

Finally,
Protomelasspspilonotus2tanzania.jpg

animicrazy

Members
These are all GREAT pics - but what is up with all the rocks & stuff???

Dear JUSTRON: That is why I went home with the gravel !!!!!!!!!!!!

T.M.S.

P.

marge618

CCA member
I fell in love with your first fish at AquaFest 2007! What a splendid color combination. Now, that I've seen the others... how do you decide which is your favorite? You might have to choose a 'fish of the month' and a 'fish of the year' along with 'Prized Possession'. Along with those add most important 'favorite fish of all time' .

Your pictures are remarkable!
Later,
Marge

DeeCee

Members
Awesome feesh, Mr Ricardo!
How in the world do you all find the time to have damn spotless tanks???

Sarah -- those Tropheus are beautiful. Too bad no points on the bulu though - you need to stop renting fish from people~~ Heee heee!

Paul - are you saying that you DO or DON'T have rocks in your tanks? I KNOW you've got a ton of gravel now! LOL

DC

cyradis4

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DeeCee @ Feb 23 2008, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Awesome feesh, Mr Ricardo!
How in the world do you all find the time to have damn spotless tanks???

Sarah -- those Tropheus are beautiful. Too bad no points on the bulu though - you need to stop renting fish from people~~ Heee heee!

Paul - are you saying that you DO or DON'T have rocks in your tanks? I KNOW you've got a ton of gravel now! LOL

DC[/b]

Lol..... We mostly have PVC and gravel.... with a few rocks..... I need to get down to that (quartz?) quarry come spring. Maybe a field trip idea?

In fact, I think its about time to make a raid on the plumbing section of Home Depot again..... I've found that the 1/2" three way and elbow PVC fittings are PERFECT for little fry..... while the 1 and 2 inch fittings are really good for Mbunas and the smaller Peacocks and catfish...... I have been getting the fittings instead of the long pipes as when you have to cut the long pipes and then sand the edges. But I think I need to get another one of them too........

At the moment, my current "favorite" as apposed to "prized" is that freaken Cynotilapia Afra female that doesn't seem to want to spit her babies..... She has her mug shot up in Photo Gallery.

Later!
Amanda.

DeeCee

Members
I think my prized possession is whatever fish I'm trying to breed, or that is holding, or that has new fry.

My maternal instincts are in high gear - must be a full moon :p

DC

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marge618 @ Feb 23 2008, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I fell in love with your first fish at AquaFest 2207! What a splendid color combination. Now, that I've seen the others... how do you decide which is your favorite? You might have to choose a 'fish of the month' and a 'fish of the year' along with 'Prized Possession'. Along with those add most important 'favorite fish of all time' .

Your pictures are remarkable!
Later,
Marge[/b]

Marge, actually Bobby( Phish4fun) took all the pictures except the ones with the Bi Color F1 Peacock.

Thanx anyways!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Hey Donna, it's Mr. Ricky Ricardo for you, OK!;)

Anyways, my tanks are not that crystal clear all the time, but I do try.

Besides, It's members like Sarah, Amanda, Marge, and the famous "Doc" from "Back to the Future" (Paul...Mad Scientist), that pushes me to improve my up loading of pictures. I also have to thank Maddog who covers up my bad spelling on the forum at times. Wow... I feel like I'm at the Academy Awards :wacko: By the way, anyone watching the Awards Sunday?

Nevertheless, You......you! You guys are good! You're good YOU!!!!!!!!!;)
That's from the movie( Analyze This), where Robert De Niro says that to Billy Crystal in one of the scenes.