• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pleco with dent on her head

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
So within the last day I noticed my big female has somehow developed a large dent on the right hand side of her head. I finally got some good pics tonight. She is feeding normally, shows no signs of distress or problems, and even laid eggs last week. She is about three years old. Any ideas? It doesn't seem to be hole in the head, but maybe I've just never seen HITH like this? No spots or issues to speak of. Very odd. Help if any can be given.

5980C46E-5AC6-4D61-A8D8-9490A252DE19_zpsuucpumep.jpg

9EA85C20-A150-426C-9012-E1584517C9ED_zpsg74wiinl.jpg

C9E3EE4C-7EB5-4FB9-80DE-9D68336DBD38_zpscfjskavc.jpg

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I have a severum with a similar "dent" in a similar spot (right behind the gill plate), who is also acting and eating normally. Did it just show up recently, or do you suspect that it's been there for a while and you're just now noticing it?

My severum is still a juvie, so I am just chalking it up to birth defect/deformity. I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts as well.