• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Please save the pacus!

Helpsavethepacu

Hello, I have a desperate situation on my hands that I was not expecting nor have the means to deal with.

I have inherited a house that has been vacant for a month with two large black pacu fish inside. They are approximately 10” tall and 16” long.
The tank they are in is 4’x2’x31” which is free with the fish.
They need a new home as soon as possible, as the house is about to be biohazard fumigated and the fish will NOT survive.
If you or anyone you know can help save the pacu, please call me.

F47B753D-6A74-417C-B775-3332C4996AAF.jpeg

65E62AB3-06B8-4B2E-9F38-C2D659E4A537.jpeg

0B06B9C7-8BB5-44D8-B015-F9E9F41B081F.png

Becca

Members
Freakgecko Freakgecko Reed Reed

Helpsavethepacu

I realized that I forgot to add the location of the fish and my number.
The fish are located in Aberdeen, Maryland.
And you can reach me at
623-five-five-six-6938

FishEggs

need some more info.
Where is this house located?
and no way to call you without a phone number posted unless you're like beetlejuice or something.

Freakgecko

Members
Unfortunately I have no resources for Pacu. They’re such a difficult fish to find rescue for. Ohio Fish Rescue would be your absolute best bet, and obviously they’re a hike away, but would highly suggest reaching out to them

littlen

CCA Members
I can verify that that Nat Zoo won’t take donations. I do wish you the best of luck with finding them a new home. Very unfortunate situation.

Maryland Guppy

CCA Members
The Seafood Shack in Cortez, has added pacu to its menu. "Their belly is fat and round like a pompano, and it cooks really well," says Chef Gerard Jesse.

Helpsavethepacu

Thank you to everyone for their support, ideas, and suggestions. You have a wonderful community and you saved the day and saved the pacus!

Tonight on last minute notice one of your members came through and helped pick up the pacus. It was a lot of work and quite messy but they are on their way to a new home and a new life.

Their previous owner who is no longer with us would be quite proud and I plan to make a donation to the Ohio fish rescue in his name sometime down the road.

Thank you.

B9781A9A-CA63-4366-AAF3-850807606A64.jpeg