• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pat's table at AquaMania2

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
In an effort to stir up a little interest I will post a few items that I will have at the event on Sunday.

There will be some Aulonacara Chilumba males.
This is the dad.
0111b.jpg

And a few males from this guy too.
Ruby Red
0111f.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I don't have that many but will have a few of each of the above. Probably males only. I don't vent so unless I see a girl holding in the grow out tanks, I am not always sure of the sex.

I will have others also.
This is your tease for now.

lkelly

Members
Pat, this is not on the Aquamania selling topic, but what camera settings do you use? Do you just have a lot of light so you can shoot a higher F-stop? Is your camera pretty good on noise reduction so you can manage a higher ISO? Unless your fish are frozen solid, you obviously are shooting at least 1/200 shutter speed.

Great photos!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
At that point i had a Nikon d70. 60mm macro lens. I used a Nikon Wireless flash on top of the tank.
Dont remember the exact settings off the top of my head.
I killed the 70. Bought a 90 to replace it and haven't taken 100 pictures since.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ading522

Members
Yes! Africans! Now this is definitely what I would be coming to your table for at aquamania! I can't wait!

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lkelly

Members
I'm guessing the wireless flash on top is the secret ingredient.

I'll trade you a brand new 55 gallon tank for your d90. :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I pulled some males out of the grow out tank.

Tonight I pulled 8 holding females out of the grow out tank also. (that's how I can make sure they are girls)

So some young Red Empress will make it to my table Sunday.

PHOTOOFTHEMONTHA.jpg