• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

opening day for rockfish 4-18-09

maddog10

Members
Back when I had my boat.....

We would go fishing in the morning and were usually back to the dock by 10:00am with our limit. Then I went to work.

Andrew

Members
I think this thread answers the question of what food to have at CCA meetings. Obviously Rockfish! Maybe broil 'em out back just before the meeting...

Here it is 17lbs.

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

look at you man! putting your back into it like a real pro! :p great pics man! that smile says it all lol! mike is right less boats probably means more fish. (making note to self for future trips) :D

Man you know I was having fun:p. I tried my best to look like a pro angler. My wife said the same thing about my smile, it does say it all. I was like a little kid in a candy store.

I am also making note about opening day;) maybe the weekend after would work better. Or like maddog said, maybe during the week???

Last edited:

maddog10

Members
First 2 or 3 weekends are always crowded. During the week there is only about 30% of the boats you see on the weekend.

longstocking

Members
It was crazy how crowded it was !!

Our captain got out his shotgun ROFL !!! ( Some stupid person that did not know what a dive flag looks like got really close to us... so the guns came out lol )

We really aren't as violent as I just made it seem LOLOL

That is Hilarious. I wish I had a gun out there. Better yet glad I did not. There were some bad eggs out there. Drinking ALOT and driving a boat = Bad.

The later the day got the better it was.

I would love to come diving some time. I am certified with PADI and SSI.. I just need a refresher.

longstocking

Members
Get the refresher course and come out ! Diving is free.... only down side. Viz is usually 5 foot or less...... black out conditions can be fairly frequent.

longstocking

Members
lmao... I actually didn't dive this past weekend. Bill did though. Along with about 5 others.

I have dove in colder water than it is now.... by quite a bit. 38 degrees is my coldest. I just don't 'enjoy it.... so I wait till the water hits 60 or so... and just sleep/read on the boat in the cold months.

I love the fact that nothing in the world matters when you are on a boat. I really like it when you are miles and miles out to sea and there are no cell phones.

I love the fact that nothing in the world matters when you are on a boat. I really like it when you are miles and miles out to sea and there are no cell phones.

I agree, we were not miles and miles away but it so nice being out in the water. Saturday could've kept going for another year or so:cool: