• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

OB Peacock ?

Robinhud

CCA Members
I may of messed up but my OB peacock had not been eating for a couple of days so I set up a 35 breeder and placed her in it. She looked like she was holding. She has been in there for 10 day and now she is swimming around a little but still not picking at rock much or coming to the top of tank to get food if i walk by . with the rock cover i placed in there it is very hard to see for sure if she is still holding. should I just be patent and see how it plays out or should I try to strip.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Robin:

Welcome to the forum.

I usually try to strip my peacocks if I want to grow out the fry. Others do like you have an place the holding female in a separate tank and let them spit on their own. Mine have never eaten much, if at all, when holding. She won't starve to death. When they fry are big enough, she'll spit and start eating.

Good luck.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
If you knew when she started holding, I would say strip. But since it seems you don't, best to leave her spit them out when she is ready. I usually strip between 21 and 28 days, depending on the breed. But in a larger tank, sometimes you miss it and then you get stuck setting her up with a separate tank.