• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

November meeting

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
November 14th at 2pm will be the next meeting of the Capital Cichlid Association, Inc.
Larry Johnson from Canada. - Swimming with Cichlids- Lake Malawi
Larry was first introduced to Lake Malawi cichlids in the early 70's,but did not actually start keeping them until the mid '70s'. Since then Larry has never been without having them in his fish room. Eventually the fish room got bigger and was consumed by these beautiful fish. "Tropical Fish are a full time job for me. I presently run 60 various size aquariums at home (and expanding) and manage a large fish room for "Big Al's" Aquarium Services in Hamilton Ontario, Canada". In September 2008 he will travel to Lake Malawi for the 8th time. (For 2 months!) You can see many beautiful pics that have been taken over the years in the safari pages. Larry has been importing Lake Malawi Cichlids from the Lake since April 2006, bringing into Canada a lot of old favorites and newly discovered species. In his spare time you can find Larry at local fish clubs (Hamilton & District Aquarium Society) and other clubs doing the "fish thing" (speaking or attending).

Jumbie

Members
Yeah I'm kinda of excited myself, I hope there will be some cool fish in the auction.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Wow, we must of had over 75 people at our meeting and to top it off the food was Awesome. THanx Rachel;)

Also, Thank you Larry Johnson for your super presentation and we look forward to seeing you again someday soon. Lake Malawi looked incredible.

Thanx to all the members and board members who were instrumental in making this meeting happen. Thank you Pat for giving me the opportunity to take the platform today, it was pretty cool.

Hey MikeGrey, it was great to see you and all of our special dedicated brethren who travel galaxies just to hang out with us fish geeks. And that group includes Bill Barbito, Lonnie, Kurt, Ali, Bill Rocket, Tarcan, Kalib, Maddog, Mike Barber, and the who ever I might have missed.

Also, Welcome to all the new Members too. :)))

Hey DQ, THANK YOU FOR ARRIVING WITH THE SODAS!!!;) WE WORRIED ABOUT U.

Hey Danger, you're suppose to be on top of DQ...ya know.

Kudos to our brother Kevin working behind the scenes on the Accounting side of our club. You da Man brah!

Anyways, had a great time and I look forward to seeing you guys at our December CCA X Mas Party at Francine's. Be there or be square.

RM

Jumbie

Members
I had a great time at the meeting I always do. I think Rachel did a great job with the food once again. I never seen a sub so big LOL. I think our speaker was GREAT!!! I really can't wait till the holliday party hope to see everyone there.