• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Nov 19 ACLC Meeting - Great time!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yesterday I drove up to Bird-in-Hand, PA and presented on "Building a Fishroom" to ACLC. It was an easy drive of about 2 hours - including a stop for coffee and gas. Not bad at all.

This was my first time at an ACLC meeting and I have to say that I was quite impressed. Thanks to Kurt Johnston and (President-elect) Allan Rollings for the invitation!

They meet in a firehouse meeting room, which hold probably 50-60 people. It wasn't quite standing room only but there was a nice crowd including quite a few kids and 4 new members :)

Really impressed with the selection at the auction. I came home with some really cool (and rare) goodeids and other livebearers and a bag of three spot gouramis. Someone is breeding wrestling halfbeaks and there were a couple of bags as well as a couple of bags each of green and gold laser cory cats, rare Pelvichachromis, an adult group of Pundamilla that went for like $6, lots of healthy plants, some African and South American killies. Even a 5" pair of rainbow cichlids.

Next month they have "open mike night" with a few "acts" already booked (by members who have are volunteering to give a short talk on DIY or other things).

If you have a chance, go check out an ACLC meeting!

Their website is www.aclcpa.org

Matt