• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Noob

FishHerder

CCA Members
New to hobby and started nano tank (8.5 fluval vista) with neon tetras 4 mo ago (though fish 2 months) with plants and snails so was not supposed to be hard but have found it quite difficult! Think I picked the wrong beginner fish... oh well trying to learn more from more seasoned peeps. Binging on lots of aquarium content. :)

FishHerder

CCA Members
Thx! Paid the membership fee but can’t figure out access to members material? Maybe it hasn’t gone through... but would like to meet people at picnic if possible.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Try again, looks like you should have access now.

We'd be glad to have you at the picnic, its a great chance to meet people in a casual setting, and Christine's place has an awesome fishroom to tour!

PM me if you still don't have access and I'll send you details, picnic is tomorrow starting at noon.

As far as the fish and tank go, a nano tank with neons can be a difficult start. Neons have a fairly short life expectancy from what I know, and they're not the hardiest of fish, though they're not fragile either. If the fish were wild caught, they'd be even more delicate than usual.

Nano tanks can sometimes be tough because you have have bigger shifts in water quality due to the small volume, any waste becomes toxic quicker. And depending on the number and type of snails you have, they could be putting a stress on the bioload of the tank. Even though they seem small, they can sometimes produce significant waste.

You'll have plenty of chance to talk to people about fish trials and experience if you make it to the picnic.