• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New world record for Koi auction

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
WHY? Well the black is really black, no fading. THe red is really red and not fading. THe color spots are separate and look like stepping stones across a pond or creek. The head spot resembles the Japanese flag and is very close to being a circle. And it is probably a female based on size and shape. A male would be thinner.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Just thinking out loud.
One spawn a year of between a pound to two pounds of eggs, and let's say you have a big enough pond that you can raise 20,000 little koi that grow to 6 inches in 3 months. Sell them for $12 each to a retail store which sell them at $20 to $30 each because although they may not have great patterns they will have decent patterns of black and red spots. SO $12 times 10,000 would be $120,000 per year and if you babied the spawners, you might get 10 years or more.

abcdefghi

Members
Just thinking out loud.
One spawn a year of between a pound to two pounds of eggs, and let's say you have a big enough pond that you can raise 20,000 little koi that grow to 6 inches in 3 months. Sell them for $12 each to a retail store which sell them at $20 to $30 each because although they may not have great patterns they will have decent patterns of black and red spots. SO $12 times 10,000 would be $120,000 per year and if you babied the spawners, you might get 10 years or more.

Hmmm wonder how big of a pond you would need, biggest thing here would be keeping wildlife out of said pond.

chriscoli

Administrator
WHY? Well the black is really black, no fading. THe red is really red and not fading. THe color spots are separate and look like stepping stones across a pond or creek. The head spot resembles the Japanese flag and is very close to being a circle. And it is probably a female based on size and shape. A male would be thinner.

Thanks for explaining....I looked at the fish and thought it looked great, but since I'm not familiar with koi patterns, I wasn't sure what it's stand-out features were.