• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New World Cichlids for Sale - P/U or Shipping

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm thinning the herd in the fishroom and have some adult breeding pairs and fry for sale. PM for prices. You can pick up evenings in Rockville/Potomac, MD or bring to the CCA BBQ on Aug 12, most likely the CCA September meeting or even ship, if necessary.

I don't have pictures but rest assured that all of these fish are my personal fish and high quality and as described (sizes approximate).

Adult pairs and groups:
  • Aequidens tetramerus "Peru" - Wild pair from Rapps - 6+"
  • Acaronia nassa "Peru" - Wild pair from Rapps - 6+"
  • Krobia guianensis "Suriname" - XL F1 proven breeding pairs - Males 7+"
  • Cichlasoma amazonarum - wild pair from Rapps - 6-7"
  • Cichlasoma sp. - gorgeous feral Florida male acara - 7"
  • Acaricthys heckelii - XL male - 7"
  • Cichlasoma sp. "Zanja Honda, Uruguay" - wild proven breeding pair collected by me (one of two pairs in captivity) + spare
  • Australoheros cf. scitulus "Zanja Honda" - four F1 fish 3-4" - looks like 2 pairs
  • Australoheros cf. scitulus "Rio Lunarejo, Uruguay" - F1 pair - 4" male
  • Caquetia spectabilis - F1 - looks like a pair + spare - male 5"
  • Amphilophus saggitae "Lago Xiloa" - Wild Black Devils - 5-7" - 3 fish (all males?)
  • Astatheros alfari "Rio Segundo Costa Rica" - wild 6+" male
  • Hypsophrys nicaraguensis "Managua Nicaragua" - wild - gorgeous show female - 6+"
  • Hypsophrys nicaraguensis - gorgeous show female - 4-5"
  • Herotilapia multispinosa - group of adults including a couple confirmed pairs - 3-4"

Fry:
  • Hypsophrys Nicaraguensis "Managua Nicaragua" - 3/4"-1" - F1 (real nics!)
  • Amatitlania siquia "Rio Animas, Costa Rica" - 3/4" - 1" - F1
  • Cryptoheros cutteri "Rio Jutiapa, Honduras" - F2 - 3/4" -1"
  • Stomatepia pindu "Lake Barombi-Mbo, Cameroon" - F1/2 - 1-2"
  • Amatitlania septemfasciata "Rio San Juan, Costa Rica" - F1 - 1/2"
Probably forgetting some but if you're looking for some nice fish, let me know!

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - Their availability in our club seems to make them undesirable despite their being colorful, relatively peaceful, moderately-sized and having easily-observable and interesting spawning behavior.

They're also great dithers in a larger Central American community.

They're evidently highly desirable elsewhere... They were even requested as part of the box we sent to New England!

I'm not sure what it is but that hobbyists, especially local ones, having fish seems to cut their desirability by about 90%. People are more than willing to pay $10-15 each for literally the same fish that are bred in this club if they're on commercial vendor's list than they are if they're from the local hobbyist. And without even having to ship them from Texas or New Jersey or Oregon ;)

But c'est la vie...

Matt

You were able to sell rainbows?

Becca

Members
Matt, would any of these do well in a high-flow, lightly planted, 92 corner? Even better if they're temperate/don't need a heater...

Inhabitants include pleco, wood shrimp, Congo tetras, and one sh*t head Teleogramma brichardi...

dogofwar

CCA Members
Honestly, I think that everything would eat the shrimp.

Otherwise, I think pindu would be great (and even West-African to boot).

$5 each or 6/$25 from me or $16 each from Dave ;)

Matt

Matt, would any of these do well in a high-flow, lightly planted, 92 corner? Even better if they're temperate/don't need a heater...

Inhabitants include pleco, wood shrimp, Congo tetras, and one sh*t head Teleogramma brichardi...

Becca

Members
Honestly, I think that everything would eat the shrimp.

Otherwise, I think pindu would be great (and even West-African to boot).

$5 each or 6/$25 from me or $16 each from Dave ;)

Matt
The shrimp can move to the 125, if needed.

I'll take 6 from you, but would it be OK to pick them up after 8/4?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes - Their availability in our club seems to make them undesirable despite their being colorful, relatively peaceful, moderately-sized and having easily-observable and interesting spawning behavior.

They're also great dithers in a larger Central American community.

They're evidently highly desirable elsewhere... They were even requested as part of the box we sent to New England!

I'm not sure what it is but that hobbyists, especially local ones, having fish seems to cut their desirability by about 90%. People are more than willing to pay $10-15 each for literally the same fish that are bred in this club if they're on commercial vendor's list than they are if they're from the local hobbyist. And without even having to ship them from Texas or New Jersey or Oregon ;)

But c'est la vie...

Matt
Hey, I like rainbow cichlids! I've got a breeding pair and about 7 juvies myself.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks CichlidAddict CichlidAddict (Andrew) for coming by last night - you got some great fish :)

Matt

Thanks CichlidAddict CichlidAddict (Andrew) for coming by last night - you got some great fish :)

Matt

You were able to sell rainbows? Yes - Their availability in our club seems to make them undesirable despite their being colorful, . . . . .
Just got home and unbagged all fish. They are alive and eats almost immediately after 18 hours in the bags,. I guess oxygen helps.

Yes, I got some good deal. 80% of the species in your fish room are unknown to me and need to research what they are. What is the species name of the Severum? She gets good color and need to find a male if it is a female.

It's supply and demand. Fish available to the club, specially prolific egg layers, will soon flood the local market. I forgot to examine your rainbow. Are they common rainbow or wild caught / F1 rainbow from new collection locations.