• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Colony of Pseudotropheus Demasoni!!

Just brought home a colony of 12 Pseudotropheus Demason! Very excited about these guys! Unsure of sexes, but i'm sure theres at least a few of each in the group. Some are looking nearly food grown, while others still have a ways too go. This is my first mouth breeding fish so i'm excited to see how it unfolds!

Got lots of rocks and hiding spots for them so i'm hoping to watch them explore and help combat friction.

Will keep you posted!

Here are the pics. Some are still pretty small but i don't mind. I heard they will start trying to breed as small as 1" ?

Working on getting more rocks and decorations for them, but for the time being sponge bob and pvc will have to do for an impromtu playground. Playful little tykes!20161016_211738.jpg

20161016_211637.jpg 20161016_211700.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
P demasoni will start breeding at a very small size. They are extremely aggressive so watch for problems/ someone being beat up.
The nice thing is that they are always in demand when they get to about 1.5 inches.
I have had a few in my time.