• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New bought fish has white fuzzy. What should I do

Devin Gibson

CCA Members
Fish has a white fuz on his dorsal and right fin. Do you thing its Contagious. I treated the tank with general cure. Haven't seen much change. I just added him maybe 5 days ago. Should I pull him out . should i treat him with the fungus malachite stuff? Im nervous now and I put the fish in a bucket with a air stone .

Felipe Castellanos

CCA Members
Should I treat whole tank....is contagious?
Pimafix is in my opinion the best Fungal treatment out there. Treat the whole tank, following the directions in the package. Fungal infections are never contagious, but I would still treat in a smaller tank (Quarantine/Hospital.) Just because it’s cheaper to dose

Hope it helped, Good Luck!
Felipe

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Should I treat whole tank....is contagious?

Not the entire large tank if you can avoid it. Move to quarantine if possible and treat that. If not possible, you can safely treat the whole larger tank with Pimafix. Also, it won’t mess with your bacteria, at least not in my experience.