• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New 40 Long Set Up

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I picked up this 40 long from O olzkool at The BFD. Set it up this morning and moved my group of labidochromis caruleus Lundo Island in with a couple petricola. Still need to upgrade the lighting, but I'm liking the tank dimensions!

IMG_0522.JPG

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Glad you're putting it to good use. I love 40 longs.
I should have bought the other one too!

You can see on the bottom rack two poorly lit divided 20 highs. They work grey for separating fish, but I think I'd like to swap them out for a 33 long. The space between the top of the tank and the bottom of the upper tank is barely enough to get you hand in the tank.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The 40 and the 20s are the same height. There is only about 4" above the lower tanks and it is tough to do much but feed and change water. I think a 33 would give me a lot more room to work with.

lkelly

Members
That's absolutely one of my pet peeves: not having enough room to get into the lower tanks. When I built my double 75 stand I put the top 75 pretty high up so that I could get any net or aquascaping décor into the bottom tank. I have to grab the step stool to get in the top tank, but that's easy compared to the nightmare of trying to net a fish and get it out of a bottom tank with no clearance.

olzkool

Members
i did the same exact thing on my double 75 stand. Also the 1 double 55 stand I had was perfect with 2 40's it gave me plenty of room. I hate not having room on that lower tank

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Pardon my ignorance, but what are the dimensions of a 40 long? Is it basically a slightly smaller 55 or a slightly enlarged 30?

Blaise