• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Nerite snails. How many per gallon

Goonie

CCA Members
my bichirs are messy and the tanks heavily planted, figure nerites would be the best clean up for them just wonder how many ill need.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Nerites are more algae eaters than detritus eaters, so I'm not so sure they'd be effective as a clean up crew. That said, if you want to try them, I stocked my 65 at a ratio of 1 for every 5 gallons. You could probably increase that to 1 for every 3 gallons. Take this as you will, but I think trumpet snails or ramshorn snails might be more in line with what you're looking for. Problem with those is possible population explosion. My $.02.

Blaise

Goonie

CCA Members
Maybe rabbit snails then? Population stays low and they are basically giant mts that breed sloooowwww

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I don't know much about rabbit snails. Might be worth looking into. Would they eat your plants?

Blaise

Goonie

CCA Members
I've read mixed reports on that some say if they are fed no l. While others say they take them out at the stem :-/