• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Neolamprologus Similis Fry Eating Micro Worms

Jelimafish

CCA Members
It has been a week since I noticed the Fry and they are all still alive and seem to be doing well. Just posting a quick video of the fry eating some Micro-Worms along with the rest of my current setup. I am aware that my glass has algae (I cannot clean it without disrupting the fry and the bristle nose cannot get close enough) and my plants are out of control (any help on that front would be helpful for sure as I have never had live plants!). I want to update the aquascape especially since the Texas Holey Rock on the far right is new but I noticed the fry before I was able to do what I envisioned. Over the past week the female and male have continued to dig out the area around the original shell and added a second shell with the openings facing each other. This allows the fry to swim back and forth between the shells and venture out without being above the sand bed although they do sometimes get adventurous. The female allows the male to swim around the fry and displays no aggression with him or most of the other Simils. There are a few that she will not allow near and the Bristle Nose Pleco gets the hint to move extremely quickly. The female spends most of her time above the (2) shells watching the fry and other fish as well as expanding the hole around the shells. The Male visits other females and sometimes stops by to help dig. It has been an extremely interesting week and I cannot wait to see where they are at a month old.