• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need some ideas

Goonie

CCA Members
Looking for astronotus crassipinis, has driven me to the point of insanity.

Can't find them so ild like to put something in the 185 until maybe one day I do.

I'm looking for some good ideas for a tank that's 5×2×2.5 185 gallons

I have some adult giant danios in the tank that were dither/target fish.... I dont care if they get eaten... I can't catch them.

And clown loaches.... the loaches I do care about I just added 2 more 5 inch rescues to my school.

I would prefer sonthing with personality, and the only other oscars I would consider would be veil tails or a unique wild caught...

no angels or discus (have angels in another tank)

So hit me with your ideas, introduce me to your favorites... I dont mind having them shipped just not somthing as rare as the crassipinis please as I can only handle one psychosis at a time lol.

If i go with South Americans I'll take take substrate I have inthe tank now out and replace it with ph neutral sand. I have large drift wood soaking now that will be going in the tank. Alot of 12 to 27 inch verticals if that helps.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Crassipinis are going to be hard to come by. I've only seen them available two or three times in the past (always from TUIC). If you'd like to have something that is similar in size and temperament, chocolate cichids will fit the bill well. The are neat fish - get a good size, relatively peaceful, and have some personality. They are readily available and you should be able to find them locally.

Goonie

CCA Members
I have thought about them but really was hoping to find something with a "what the hell is that" factor.

I love the quetzalcoatl (sp) cichlids but worry about their aggression.

My bichir tank gets alot of love because the fish themselves aren't rare but are uncommon in most stores, delhizi aftican bush fish and some upside down cats and a false gar.... its a really fun tank that flows wells and has just enough activity.

But because the fish aren't tooooooo readily available it gets alot of attention.

Same thing with the african butterfly fish in another tank... not a rare fish by any means but not one that's super common.

I like acaras and fire mouths but also readily available at the big box stores.

I will keep them in mind though as some of them do have some nice color.
But I have heard they are quite shy as well.

Goonie

CCA Members
Balance would check the unique box they are a really cool earth eater but ild be concerned with temperature requirements with the clown loaches how do they do in a 79 to 80 degree tank ?

christina

CCA Members
Looking for astronotus crassipinis, has driven me to the point of insanity.

Can't find them so ild like to put something in the 185 until maybe one day I do.

I'm looking for some good ideas for a tank that's 5×2×2.5 185 gallons

I have some adult giant danios in the tank that were dither/target fish.... I dont care if they get eaten... I can't catch them.

And clown loaches.... the loaches I do care about I just added 2 more 5 inch rescues to my school.

I would prefer sonthing with personality, and the only other oscars I would consider would be veil tails or a unique wild caught...

no angels or discus (have angels in another tank)

So hit me with your ideas, introduce me to your favorites... I dont mind having them shipped just not somthing as rare as the crassipinis please as I can only handle one psychosis at a time lol.

If i go with South Americans I'll take take substrate I have inthe tank now out and replace it with ph neutral sand. I have large drift wood soaking now that will be going in the tank. Alot of 12 to 27 inch verticals if that helps.

FishEggs

Balance would check the unique box they are a really cool earth eater but ild be concerned with temperature requirements with the clown loaches how do they do in a 79 to 80 degree tank ?
I dont really know anything about them. I was just throwing it out there since they were a cool odd looking fish and they're not too common but not too hard to get.