• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

need some help

Eyeguy05

Members
so i just renovated my bathroom and replaced the faucet. i cant connect my python adapter to the new faucet!! i have a 150 tall any suggestions on doing my water changes/sand cleaning? im thinking i may have to buy a new faucet.

Aqua410

Members
I ran into a similar situation recently when I added a tank to my office. Went to fill it and the python doesn't fit. Don't worry there's an easy fix! well sort of...

If you have a shower in your bathroom the shower head should unscrew fairly easily. If it's tough the first time just use a wrench and you will be able to do it with your hands easily thereafter.

You'll need a small piece of hose from home depot 3/4" id and and a 3/4" to Hose Adapter both available in the plumbing section. Just put the barb end into your 3/4 hose and slip the other end over the pipe where the shower plumbing comes out of the wall. The 3/4 hose should be long enough that the python adapter is down in the tub and below tank level. This will ensure that you 1- don't spray water everywhere and 2- are below tank level for a strong siphon.

Works great for me!

Eyeguy05

Members
I ran into a similar situation recently when I added a tank to my office. Went to fill it and the python doesn't fit. Don't worry there's an easy fix! well sort of...

If you have a shower in your bathroom the shower head should unscrew fairly easily. If it's tough the first time just use a wrench and you will be able to do it with your hands easily thereafter.

You'll need a small piece of hose from home depot 3/4" id and and a 3/4" to Hose Adapter both available in the plumbing section. Just put the barb end into your 3/4 hose and slip the other end over the pipe where the shower plumbing comes out of the wall. The 3/4 hose should be long enough that the python adapter is down in the tub and below tank level. This will ensure that you 1- don't spray water everywhere and 2- are below tank level for a strong siphon.

Works great for me!

that is a great idea! unfortunately i dont have a shower or tub in that bathroom. anyway to hook it up to an outside spigot?

Aqua410

Members
that is a great idea! unfortunately i dont have a shower or tub in that bathroom. anyway to hook it up to an outside spigot?

Yeah the python without any of the adapters screwed in is standard hose thread size like the spigot in your garden. Unfortunately unless you have a hot water line that water will be far to cold for water changes. It's fine to use if you just want to power the vacuum but don't fill it back up that way.

Eyeguy05

Members
Adding a connector and valve under the sink. Sorry to be unclear.

nothing in my house is easy! when the previous owners built the bathroom they had the water shut off valves on the other side of the wall in the laundry room instead of under the sink, and to make it even worse they are behind the furnace in a tight space.

chriscoli

Administrator
nothing in my house is easy! when the previous owners built the bathroom they had the water shut off valves on the other side of the wall in the laundry room instead of under the sink, and to make it even worse they are behind the furnace in a tight space.

Can you tap into the laundry room as a source of water?

Eyeguy05

Members
Can you tap into the laundry room as a source of water?

no. its too far and i dont have a sink in there. i think ill just go buy a new faucet today at lowes.

or i have an old pump from a back yard pond i can drain half the water with and then use a bucket and suck the poop out with a hose off the sand.

YSS

Members
Home Depot has tons of different adaptors/connectors. You will be able to find a combination that will allow you to connect your python to the faucet. It may take more than one.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Most faucets have a screen/aerator on the inside that screws out. Have you been able to do that? The adapters then screw into that threaded section.

Eyeguy05

Members
Home Depot has tons of different adaptors/connectors. You will be able to find a combination that will allow you to connect your python to the faucet. It may take more than one.

yea..thats true.maybe ill just bring my python adapter and the aerator off my faucet and have someone help me out..Thanks!!

Eyeguy05

Members
Most faucets have a screen/aerator on the inside that screws out. Have you been able to do that? The adapters then screw into that threaded section.

you know now that you mention it, there is something in there that i didn't see if it screwed out. ill try that when i get home.

YSS

Members
yea..thats true.maybe ill just bring my python adapter and the aerator off my faucet and have someone help me out..Thanks!!

Also, another thing to consider is that that the python thread eventually will wear out. It would be good to get a metal adaptor and leave it attached to the python so that you are using the metal adaptor to attach and detach the python from the faucet. This won't wear out the python thread.

Eyeguy05

Members
you know now that you mention it, there is something in there that i didn't see if it screwed out. ill try that when i get home.

nope doesnt come out. thats what i get for buying a cheap lowes brand faucet. guess ill head over after dinner and see if they sell an adapter for my python adapter to fit. if not ill get a new faucet.