• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need help choosing plants

Hawkman2000

Members
I attached some plants to the driftwood I have in the tank. I was thinking about some Anubias Nana, but I read that under high light conditions it just gets covered with algae. Was also thinking about some flame moss. Also would love something that would be red, but I've never heard of plants that naturally attached to driftwood that are red. Any input would be helpful, and appreciated.

uploadfromtaptalk1456277455655.jpg

Becca

Members
Buce is not that hard to find, but is a little pricey. It's all over Aqua-Bid. The pieces I have, I got for pretty reasonable prices at the AGA meeting.

Termato

Board of Directors
Buce is not that hard to find, but is a little pricey. It's all over Aqua-Bid. The pieces I have, I got for pretty reasonable prices at the AGA meeting.

You can also find it on PlantedTank forum. I see it on there weekly.

I need to get some buce...never tried growing it. Beautiful looking plant from the pictures.

Aqua410

Members
I just added two anubias nana and an anubias coffeefolia to my tank tonight. The driftwood was already in place so I used some gel type superglue to attach it under water and it worked great. I just dried the rhizome with a paper towel and put a good sized glob of glue on there and stuck it in place. I will do this again in the future if I need to attach some plants.

Termato

Board of Directors
I just added two anubias nana and an anubias coffeefolia to my tank tonight. The driftwood was already in place so I used some gel type superglue to attach it under water and it worked great. I just dried the rhizome with a paper towel and put a good sized glob of glue on there and stuck it in place. I will do this again in the future if I need to attach some plants.

Is that safe!? I've never heard of that before and would be willing to try.

I just added some Buce to my tank but I had to lodge it in place. This sounds like a much better solution.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Yes, super glue is safe. Just make sure you are getting cyanoacrylate.

One aquarium supply company, a well known brand, repackages super glue and markets it as aquarium glue (at a markup, of course).

It can dry white, however, so can be visible if you use too much or put it in a location where you can see it.

Termato

Board of Directors
Yes, super glue is safe. Just make sure you are getting cyanoacrylate.

One aquarium supply company, a well known brand, repackages super glue and markets it as aquarium glue (at a markup, of course).

It can dry white, however, so can be visible if you use too much or put it in a location where you can see it.

Great information! This will go a long way. Thank you