1. The next meeting of the CCA will be on Oct 8th at 2pm at our usual location - Kennedy High School, Silver Spring, MD.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are BACK!!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don't forget October is election month..... You CAN make a difference!!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Big Fish Deal is coming your way in March 2017. Watch for more information as we get closer.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't forget to vote for your favorite picture in the Photo of the Month section.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help building stand for 630 gallon!

Discussion in 'Just Kickin' It Lounge' started by Anubias, Oct 14, 2012.

1. bschuhart

bschuhart Members

Ben
    Last Activity:
    Jul 27, 2016
    My question is, do you have a door wide enough to fit the tank through to get into your house? 36" is the smallest dimension, most doors are 36" wide (usally a fraction smaller)

I had that problem once and couldn't get the tank into the house. We had to get the sliding door removed and reinstalled, this gave me a 6 foot opening.

2. Red Nose Rummy

Red Nose Rummy Members

Tracey
    Last Activity:
    Sep 9, 2016
    It might be a blessing it doesn't come with the stand.......

Doesn't look like there is much "engineering" built into the stand it's on in the image and I'm not even sure I would be comfortable with it.

I would need/want way more bracing....

You've received some great info on your slab and maybe as someone suggested an engineered approach toward a proper stand would be prudent as it's not your typical tank.

I'm sure someone on this forum has the knowledge and expertise to assist you with a proper stand design for this tank.

Like everyone else, I can't wait to see your tank develop, very exciting - congratulations!

3. Hawkman2000

Hawkman2000 Members

Chad
    Last Activity:
    Yesterday at 11:23 PM
    A couple more things to consider. you are probobly going to need electrical and plumming lines run to the location of the tank.

Also, I just talk to a friend of mine who is a licenced class A contracter for VA and Alexandria. We would be able to handle building a stand either out of LVL or steel, building a custom cabinet around it, running electric and plumming line to the location, and probobly a few other things (lighting hanging from the ceiling...). Basicaly, we would have the tank setup and ready for filtration. I got to tell you though that this would not be the least expensive way to go, but it would be beautiful.

PM me with your phone# if interested and I will have him call you.