• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Name That Fish!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
No offense Bob, but that fish looks like the kind you see in Fancy Chinese Restaurant swimming around in a large tank waiting to be eaten. :smashfreakB:

HA! Please don't be mad, ok. I was just kidding;) :spanka:

Sonny Disposition

No offense taken, Richard. That is a fish you would see in a fancy Chinese restaurant aquarium. It's also a cichlid.

Since it's hard to see, I'll give the answer here:

It's a Tilapia mariae, introduced to South Florida by state fisheries workers to control aquatic weeds. That was done a long time ago, and people have since questioned the decision. But now that they're in the environment, they're no getting them out.

It's also against the law to transport live Tilapia mariae in Florida. So if you come across any juveniles and want to bring them home, there's a fine for it.

No offense Bob, but that fish looks like the kind you see in Fancy Chinese Restaurant swimming around in a large tank waiting to be eaten. :smashfreakB:

HA! Please don't be mad, ok. I was just kidding;) :spanka:[/b]