• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Name That Fish

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
To play this game, I think you should use your own fish pictures.

Btw, either mine is mislabled, or these two look very similar.
:confused0083:
12cUsisya112506.jpg
[/b]

It's just a game for fun Bobby, but some of us just don't have the camera and the time to take pictures of our own fish.

I would love to do that and maybe very soon, but for now posting pictures of rare fish is pretty cool.

Hey, you guys still haven't figured out the other BONUS fishy yet???

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Actually, your picture is better than the one I found on the internet.

longstocking

Members
Bonus fish...

Protomelas cf. virgatus?? Location not sure on... maybe Gome??

I have no clue... just looking through books and it looks close. Malawi fish all look the same to me lol

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Darn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got it again.

YOUR GOOD YOU!!!!!......YOU....YOUR GOOD.

Yes, that's right, it's a Protomelas virgatus Gome. Beautiful fish right?

Good job Sarah ;)

longstocking

Members
I'm really not LOL... all the mods at c-f laugh at me when I try to ID fish lol

So I don't any more :lol: I leave it to the pros on c-f !

cyradis4

Members
Ok, here is the next one. Hint: he is a he, he is from a book (scanned into computer).

Forthemysteryfish.jpg

I sure hope this is fun!!!!!
Amanda.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
It sure is fun, even though I have no idea what kind of fish it is. HAAAAAAAA!

Of course it's FUN! 67 POSTS....Hellooooooooooooo! That's pretty good.

Let me guess, Tom Brady if he were a Bolivian Ram Fishy, Right?

animicrazy

Members
I know!!!!!

But I'm banned from telling.

Also but, there will be a bunch of them in my tanks Thursday!!

And - I'll post real pics!!

longstocking

Members
Well I know what genus it is in... but let me try to figure this new world fish out... I'm going to be SOOOOOOOO LOST !

cyradis4

Members
Well, since most of you are not new world experts, we'll start simple...... Guess the genus FIRST, then when we have that right, you guys can start in on the species!!!!

Later!
Amanda.

longstocking

Members
wow didn't think I would get that one. Go someone else.

I like trying to guess more than picking :) improves my id'ing skills :)

cyradis4

Members
LOL!!!!!

Well, we'll be improving id'ing skills a lot more in a little while!!!!! Dad came home with a tank full of wild Mbunas. Unfortunitally, he didn't come home with what they WERE. I'll be getting pics of them soon, but I don't think they could count here!!!!!

Later!
Amanda.

marge618

CCA member
Ok guys...one more Name that fish for the weekend plus a bonus fishy.

Alright NAME THAT FISH!!!
[/b]

SubMariner, this bonus fishy is indeed beUTIful. Now I want to know more about it. The name is 'just not enough'. Oh, right. That's the same feeling I had when I realized One tank is 'just not enough'.

Now I have to go look up Protomelas virgatus Gome.

Later,
Marge

marge618

CCA member
LOL!!!!!

Well, we'll be improving id'ing skills a lot more in a little while!!!!! Dad came home with a tank full of wild Mbunas. Unfortunitally, he didn't come home with what they WERE. I'll be getting pics of them soon, but I don't think they could count here!!!!!

Later!
Amanda.[/b]

Ahhhh Amanda, perhaps you have happened on a Level II of the Name that Fish game! Plus the pictures will be your own. How do you know if you are really right when id'ing an unidentified Mbuna? Do you have a list of what is in the tank - but they are all young and in there together? Or do you really have a tank of mixed wild Mbuna with no clue list?

Later,
Marge

DeeCee

Members
<div class='quotemain'>Ok guys...one more Name that fish for the weekend plus a bonus fishy.

[/b]

SubMariner, this bonus fishy is indeed beUTIful. Now I want to know more about it. The name is 'just not enough'. Oh, right. That's the same feeling I had when I realized One tank is 'just not enough'.

Later,
Marge
[/b][/quote]

There ya go, Rooco. Keep 'em Coming man! :love0007:

cyradis4

Members
<div class='quotemain'>LOL!!!!!

Later!
Amanda.[/b]

Ahhhh Amanda, perhaps you have happened on a Level II of the Name that Fish game! Plus the pictures will be your own. How do you know if you are really right when id'ing an unidentified Mbuna? Do you have a list of what is in the tank - but they are all young and in there together? Or do you really have a tank of mixed wild Mbuna with no clue list?

Later,
Marge
[/b][/quote]

Lol, all are adults, some are wild and some are not, and they came with a PARTIAL list of names. Which is why I started a new thread elsewhere..... And IDing them for SOME people isn't all that hard. You look at body shape and color, and look for any differences and see what you come up with! You can often get it, and part of the reason I posted on the board is to get as many opinions as possible.

Later!
Amanda.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotemain'><div class='quotemain'>Ok guys...one more Name that fish for the weekend plus a bonus fishy.

[/b]

Later,
Marge
[/b][/quote]

There ya go, Rooco. Keep 'em Coming man! :love0007:
[/b][/quote]

Hey Donna, you have to admit it's a cool game. Wanna Play???

DeeCee

Members
Hey Donna, you have to admit it's a cool game. Wanna Play???[/b]

LOL, I don't know what any of the fish are yet! Best names I can come up with are "Joe Bob" or "Matilda"

Even if I don't get a guess though, it's helping me to learn..........

DC