• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Name That Fish

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Wow that's a cool looking fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, is it a clicktoviewfullimage sp. Pestocramus????

cyradis4

Members
Tanganikan, um..... Ectodus something or other? My first edition Back to Nature for Tangs has something similarish looking called a Ectodus descampsii.... Nose is different, and so is the color of the spot...... But am I close??????

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
AHHHHHH is it a Ectodus descampsii neon African Tetra? I don't know! I just think this game is pretty cool;)

longstocking

Members
Ok....

it's a Xenotilapia nigrolabiata

Comes from the sand area's of lake tang ! Gets to be 4 inches and is a mouth brooder. Peacefull cichild :)

Want more info? look it up :p lol

Actually I've wanted this fish for a while. Been in the hobby a couple of years now. VERY expensive fish. Wilds run over a hundred dollars as they come from deeper parts of the lake. Tr usually around 40 to 60 dollars.

Someone that hasn't gotten to pick yet go :)

Sonny Disposition

$100 per fish is too steep for me. I'll wait until you get some and breed it and bring them to the auction.

Ok....

it's a Xenotilapia nigrolabiata

Comes from the sand area's of lake tang ! Gets to be 4 inches and is a mouth brooder. Peacefull cichild :)

Want more info? look it up :p lol

Actually I've wanted this fish for a while. Been in the hobby a couple of years now. VERY expensive fish. Wilds run over a hundred dollars as they come from deeper parts of the lake. Tr usually around 40 to 60 dollars.

Someone that hasn't gotten to pick yet go :)[/b]

longstocking

Members
lol I really doubt I would bring them to the auction for some odd reason :p Although I am thinking about picking up some F1 to breed.

cyradis4

Members
Is the first Aulonocara Stuartgranti Hongi Island?

And I KNOW I"ve seen the second around here (these blasted books) somewhere, but I can't find out where right now......

Amanda.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
That was lightning fast Amanda!!!!!!!!

Yes, you are correct! It is a Aulonocara stuartgranti steveni Hongi Island alright.

What about the bonus fishy??? I think I gotcha on that one. heheeeeheee

cyradis4

Members
Is it Protomelas sp. Steveni Imperial?

Later!
Amanda.

PS: Ad Konings has a WONDERFUL pic of the first fish in Back to Nature: 1 edition, page 66.

To play this game, I think you should use your own fish pictures.

Btw, either mine is mislabled, or these two look very similar.
:confused0083:
12cUsisya112506.jpg

marge618

CCA member
To play this game, I think you should use your own fish pictures.

Btw, either mine is mislabled, or these two look very similar.
:confused0083:
12cUsisya112506.jpg
[/b]

Bobby, Now you've got me going back to each of the pics in this thread to find the other pic of your fish. Is there a symbol?

I don't have any of my "own fish pictures" yet. For that matter I don't have a camera that will take aquarium pics.
Can I still play?
Later,
Marge

cyradis4

Members
The difference is in the stripes I think. The pic I have of the fish Richard showed also has strong black barring, while yours has far less pronounced black barring.

Later!
Amanda.

maddog10

Members
Hongi Island and Usisya are directly across from each other in the lake. It is quite possible that they would develop near identical appearance. My guess is that they are basically the same fish (with only slight differences), just collected from different locations.