• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Name That Fish

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Ok guys, let's finish up the week with another Name That Fish Episode before Saturday's meeting.

Here we go....NAME THAT FISH!!! :eek:

:lol: Plus a bonus fish in case the first one was too easy. :angel2:

P.S. I'll join Fishbucket or Kodak Gallery soon, so don't worry folks!

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DeeCee @ Feb 4 2008, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Feb 3 2008, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Donna, you have to admit it's a cool game. Wanna Play???[/b]

LOL, I don't know what any of the fish are yet! Best names I can come up with are "Joe Bob" or "Matilda"

Even if I don't get a guess though, it's helping me to learn..........

DC
[/b][/quote]

Donna, Me too, Me too!
This game is helping me learn.

Does anyone see resemblance, at least in the colors, to killiefish? Oh, that's right. One of the rules of this game is that the fish has to be a cichlid. (Silly me, I know what the second C in CCA stands for...)

So far on this Paracyprichromis nigripinnis I found out that this Tang is mildly aggressive, gets up to 4 inches, likes hard water, and is an carnivore. Nicknamed the 'Blue Neon" it is a striking fish. (Another compelling reason to think about setting up a Tang tank!)

Later,
Marge

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
CopadichromisvirginalisYellowhead.jpg

Copadichromis virginalis Yellow head is the answer!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I wonder if anyone in the club has this fish? I wouldn't mind having one for myself because it looks awesome.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I had some back in Sacramento about 3-4 years ago.

They aren't that dark all the time (more silvery 99% of the time), although pretty none the less. I found that they're really peaceful, so I kept them in a 40g species tank (not with other Malawi).

Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Feb 21 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wonder if anyone in the club has this fish? I wouldn't mind having one for myself because it looks awesome.[/b]

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
He looks cool!!!

I presently have a Male Maylandi and a Yellow Blaze, which are both similar in appearance, but that Copa Virgi is AWESOME DUDE! The Mlotto looks just like it, but it has a white head instead. If anyone has one, please let me know.